Sep 30, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
Although he said that he didn’t intend to hit Ben Smith in the head, Brendan Smith still expressed remorse for the end result.
Sep 30, 2011, 1:41 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan breaks down the reasons behind why Detroit’s Brendan Smith is sitting down for a total of eight games for hitting Chicago’s Ben Smith.
Sep 30, 2011, 11:23 AM EST
Brendan Shanahan’s iron fist has come down on Detroit’s Brendan Smith and he’s done for the rest of the preseason and five regular season games as well.
Sep 29, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
With injuries to Viktor Stalberg and Ben Smith in Chicago, it’s the chance of a lifetime for 2011 second round pick Brandon Saad.
Sep 29, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
The news isn’t so hot for Chicago’s Ben Smith who is “day to day” with a concussion while Detroit’s Brendan Smith gets to meet with Brendan Shanahan face-to-face.
Sep 29, 2011, 1:24 AM EST
Both Mike Babcock and Joel Quenneville saw Brendan Smith’s hit on Ben Smith. It was only one play, yet the two coaches have two different perspectives on what went down at the United Center.
Sep 28, 2011, 10:44 PM EST
Suspension number eight coming up? More than likely as Detroit’s Brendan Smith took out Chicago’s Ben Smith with an elbow to the head.
Apr 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Today’s Five Thoughts center around Alain Vigneault’s wild gamble to go with Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo in Game 6. We’ll also hit on the charmed life of Ben Smith and give our take on a pair of bad hits from yesterday.
Apr 24, 2011, 11:27 PM EST
An incredible, drama-filled Game 6 that saw more twists and turns than a dramatic movie sees the defending champion Blackhawks force a Game 7 after a 4-3 overtime win.
Apr 17, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead at tonight’s pivotal Game 3 between Chicago and Vancouver from United Center with the Canucks looking to push the defending champions to the brink of elimination.
Apr 16, 2011, 1:02 AM EST
The Canucks took a 2-0 lead, but a wild finish might give the defending champion Blackhawks some needed confidence as the series shifts back to Chicago.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)