May 19, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With all the firepower on display in this series between San Jose and Vancouver, leave it to Ben Eager to steal the attention thanks to some of his boneheaded plays.
May 19, 2011, 1:04 AM EST
Vancouver dominated in Game 2 earning a 7-3 win over a Sharks team that looked slow, frustrated, and dumb all at once.
May 1, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
In a period without scoring, Detroit’s Jimmy Howard shines stopping 19 shots in the second period alone.
Apr 5, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
Ben Eager’s unexpectedly great goal earned him the March 28-April 3rd Goal of the Week.
Apr 4, 2011, 8:17 PM EST
Who scored last week’s best goal? The contestants are: Teemu Selanne, Pierre-March Bouchard, Michael Cammalleri, Ben Eager, Alex Tanguay, Magnus Paajarvi and Ryan Getzlaf. Vote for your favorite in the poll.
Apr 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
No, this isn’t an April Fool’s Day joke: Ben Eager earned the Goal of the Night award.
Apr 1, 2011, 1:41 AM EST
The rich got richer in the West, as the Canucks, Sharks and Predators succeeding in knocking down the Kings, Stars and Avalanche tonight. Read this post for recaps and an updated look on the West playoff picture.
Jan 18, 2011, 1:44 PM EST
The NHL handed Sharks forward Scott Nichol a four-game suspension for his hit on Coyotes defenseman David Schlemko.
Jan 18, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
The Sharks added some grit (and another former Blackhawk) by trading for enforcer Ben Eager. The Thrashers received San Jose’s fifth round pick in the exchange.
Jan 8, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
The NHL handed Ben Eager a well-deserved four game suspension for his sucker punch on Colby Armstrong.
Jan 7, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
An ugly loss got uglier when Ben Eager landed a sucker punch on Colby Armstrong. The Leafs got revenge via four power-play goals on the resulting five-minute man advantage; will the league further discipline Eager and the Leafs with a suspension?
Oct 13, 2010, 2:15 AM EST
With just two games happening on Tuesday night, summing things up for the night is really easy.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 1
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)