Jan 9, 2012, 11:53 AM EDT
The young man who threw a banana at Wayne Simmonds gets off easily.
Sep 28, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
A 26 year old man has been charged with throwing a banana peel at Wayne Simmonds. If convicted, he could face a maximum fine of $2,000.
Sep 27, 2011, 7:54 PM EDT
The Canadian Press reports that Wayne Simmonds won’t face disciplinary action for allegedly using a homophobic taunt in a verbal exchange with Sean Avery. How do you feel about the decision?
Sep 27, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
London, Ontario police might be aware of the person who threw a banana at Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds. No charges have been filed yet, though.
Sep 22, 2011, 11:10 PM EDT
In what the NHL calls a “stupid and ignorant” display of racism, at least one fan threw a banana at black Philadelphia Flyers winger Wayne Simmonds during a shootout attempt tonight. Simmonds still managed to score on his attempt, although the Flyers ended up losing that preseason game to the Detroit Red Wings in front…
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5