Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM EDT
Blake Comeau and the New York Islanders were able to avoid salary arbitration as they agreed to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million.
Jul 28, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
The Canucks avoided a second year of salary arbitration with Jannik Hansen, signing him to a three-year deal. Update: it’s a nice bargain at $4.05 million overall.
Jul 27, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
Rangers fans can breathe one last sigh of relief as the team signed Ryan Callahan to a three-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration. Reports indicate that the deal is worth “just under” $13 million.
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Both sides have been saying all the right things, until now: Shea Weber’s agent claims the sides have hit “a bit of a stalemate” in their contract discussions. This post covers the Predators’ big three headaches and why Weber’s deal is so complicated.
Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
The Lightning locked up Teddy Purcell to a two-year, $4.725 million deal, avoiding arbitration. Lauri Korpikoski came to an arbitration settlement by signing a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Coyotes. We examine whether or not these two players might be one-hit wonders in the post.
Jul 10, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
The Blackhawks signed Viktor Stalberg to a two-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration in the process.
Jul 9, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The Avalanche avoided arbitration by signing Ryan Wilson and Kevin Porter to one-year contracts.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The list of players waiting for salary arbitration went down to 20 after the Kings signed defenseman Alec Martinez to a two-year contract extension today.
Jul 5, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets aren’t content to gaze at their shoes as other teams vie for the big dance any longer. They paid big once again today, signing defensive defenseman Marc Methot to a four-year, $12 million contract extension.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)