Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM EDT
Blake Comeau and the New York Islanders were able to avoid salary arbitration as they agreed to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million.
Jul 28, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
The Canucks avoided a second year of salary arbitration with Jannik Hansen, signing him to a three-year deal. Update: it’s a nice bargain at $4.05 million overall.
Jul 27, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
Rangers fans can breathe one last sigh of relief as the team signed Ryan Callahan to a three-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration. Reports indicate that the deal is worth “just under” $13 million.
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Both sides have been saying all the right things, until now: Shea Weber’s agent claims the sides have hit “a bit of a stalemate” in their contract discussions. This post covers the Predators’ big three headaches and why Weber’s deal is so complicated.
Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
The Lightning locked up Teddy Purcell to a two-year, $4.725 million deal, avoiding arbitration. Lauri Korpikoski came to an arbitration settlement by signing a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Coyotes. We examine whether or not these two players might be one-hit wonders in the post.
Jul 10, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
The Blackhawks signed Viktor Stalberg to a two-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration in the process.
Jul 9, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The Avalanche avoided arbitration by signing Ryan Wilson and Kevin Porter to one-year contracts.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The list of players waiting for salary arbitration went down to 20 after the Kings signed defenseman Alec Martinez to a two-year contract extension today.
Jul 5, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets aren’t content to gaze at their shoes as other teams vie for the big dance any longer. They paid big once again today, signing defensive defenseman Marc Methot to a four-year, $12 million contract extension.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)