Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM EST
Blake Comeau and the New York Islanders were able to avoid salary arbitration as they agreed to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million.
Jul 28, 2011, 4:18 PM EST
The Canucks avoided a second year of salary arbitration with Jannik Hansen, signing him to a three-year deal. Update: it’s a nice bargain at $4.05 million overall.
Jul 27, 2011, 3:02 PM EST
Rangers fans can breathe one last sigh of relief as the team signed Ryan Callahan to a three-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration. Reports indicate that the deal is worth “just under” $13 million.
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Both sides have been saying all the right things, until now: Shea Weber’s agent claims the sides have hit “a bit of a stalemate” in their contract discussions. This post covers the Predators’ big three headaches and why Weber’s deal is so complicated.
Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
The Lightning locked up Teddy Purcell to a two-year, $4.725 million deal, avoiding arbitration. Lauri Korpikoski came to an arbitration settlement by signing a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Coyotes. We examine whether or not these two players might be one-hit wonders in the post.
Jul 10, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
The Blackhawks signed Viktor Stalberg to a two-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration in the process.
Jul 9, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
The Avalanche avoided arbitration by signing Ryan Wilson and Kevin Porter to one-year contracts.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The list of players waiting for salary arbitration went down to 20 after the Kings signed defenseman Alec Martinez to a two-year contract extension today.
Jul 5, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
The Blue Jackets aren’t content to gaze at their shoes as other teams vie for the big dance any longer. They paid big once again today, signing defensive defenseman Marc Methot to a four-year, $12 million contract extension.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)