Aug 2, 2011, 10:02 PM EST
Blake Comeau and the New York Islanders were able to avoid salary arbitration as they agreed to a one-year contract worth $2.5 million.
Jul 28, 2011, 4:18 PM EST
The Canucks avoided a second year of salary arbitration with Jannik Hansen, signing him to a three-year deal. Update: it’s a nice bargain at $4.05 million overall.
Jul 27, 2011, 3:02 PM EST
Rangers fans can breathe one last sigh of relief as the team signed Ryan Callahan to a three-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration. Reports indicate that the deal is worth “just under” $13 million.
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Both sides have been saying all the right things, until now: Shea Weber’s agent claims the sides have hit “a bit of a stalemate” in their contract discussions. This post covers the Predators’ big three headaches and why Weber’s deal is so complicated.
Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 AM EST
The Lightning locked up Teddy Purcell to a two-year, $4.725 million deal, avoiding arbitration. Lauri Korpikoski came to an arbitration settlement by signing a two-year, $3.6 million contract with the Coyotes. We examine whether or not these two players might be one-hit wonders in the post.
Jul 10, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
The Blackhawks signed Viktor Stalberg to a two-year deal, avoiding salary arbitration in the process.
Jul 9, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
The Avalanche avoided arbitration by signing Ryan Wilson and Kevin Porter to one-year contracts.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The list of players waiting for salary arbitration went down to 20 after the Kings signed defenseman Alec Martinez to a two-year contract extension today.
Jul 5, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
The Blue Jackets aren’t content to gaze at their shoes as other teams vie for the big dance any longer. They paid big once again today, signing defensive defenseman Marc Methot to a four-year, $12 million contract extension.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 6
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)