May 23, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
In today’s update on the Atlanta Thrashers-to-Winnipeg storyline, we find out that the last hope for the Thrashers to stay in Atlanta might just be out.
May 21, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
Thrashers fans held a rally/tailgate to show that they want the team to stay in Atlanta. If nothing else, they enjoyed at least one last hurrah and got a few jabs in on Winnipeg and The Atlanta Spirit in the process.
May 20, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
The Atlanta Spirit continue to make themselves look bad as they are still selling tickets to an Atlanta Thrashers season that might not even happen.
May 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
The previously anonymous party interested in keeping the Thrashers in Atlanta reportedly is JB Smith, a man many think lacks the resources to get a deal done. Meanwhile, True North is asking for government assistance to afford a Thrashers purchase.
May 16, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
At least some of the rumors are true: an Atlanta Journal-Constitution report confirms that the Atlanta Spirit ownership group is negotiating with True North. If the two sides come to an agreement, the Thrashers’ move to Winnipeg could become very close to a reality.
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
If the Atlanta Thrashers are bought and moved to Winnipeg, the NHL will have to figure out a realignment plan sending one Western Conference team to the Eastern Conference. But who should go?
May 12, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
With the rumors heating up even more about the potential relocation of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg, there’s a side effect in all this that bodes especially well for the Phoenix Coyotes.
May 12, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly didn’t confirm that the Thrashers might move from Atlanta to Winnipeg, but he didn’t deny the possibility, either.
May 11, 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
Now that the Coyotes appear to be out of the relocation mix, Thrashers fans nervously await their team’s situation.
May 2, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
A Forbes report indicates that the Atlanta Thrashers could be sold for $110 million. Might that cheaper price entice a local ownership group?
Apr 27, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
The Coyotes’ ownership situation is still in the air, but at least one person thinks the team will stay in Arizona: Winnipeg mayor Sam Katz. Katz believes the hockey-hungry city should target a different NHL team … could that team be the Thrashers?
Apr 21, 2011, 6:44 PM EDT
Former Atlanta Braves star pitcher (and Los Angeles Kings draft pick) Tom Glavine wants to help keep the Thrashers in Atlanta.
Apr 9, 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
Considering their murky ownership situation, it’s quite possible that Sunday’s game against the Penguins won’t just be the last game of the season for the Thrashers. It might also be their final contest in Atlanta, period.
Mar 17, 2011, 9:19 PM EDT
While the Thrashers’ ownership group continues to discuss selling the team yet keeping it Atlanta with two parties, it seems that the issue of relocation is still a “Gary Bettman question.”
Mar 9, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
Reports indicate that three local owners might be interested in buying the Thrashers, thus possibly keeping them in Atlanta. That will be easier said than done, though.
Feb 16, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
Atlanta Thrashers owner Michael Gearon says that if support doesn’t pick up in Atlanta from ticket buyers and local supporters, the team could be sold and moved in the near future. Scare tactic or legitimate concern?
Another Atlanta Thrashers lawsuit: Owners allege that faulty contract blocked sale, team lost $130M since 2005
Jan 21, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
The Atlanta Thrashers ownership group claims that a “fatally flawed” contract blocked them from selling the team in 2005, forcing them to operate the franchise with more than $130 million in loses.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 10
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (82)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)