Atlanta Spirit Group
Sep 10, 2011, 10:27 PM EDT
While Thrashers fans were left abandoned by the Atlanta Spirit Group, they’re now a prime commodity for a pair of regional NHL teams fighting to win their support in Nashville and Raleigh.
Aug 11, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
You know that awkward moment when you’re doing a sweater history of a team that just relocated? This is it as there’s not a Jets sweater to be seen here.
Jul 17, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
As if things weren’t bad enough for Atlanta Thrashers fans who find themselves without a team, some of them are finding that Atlanta Spirit Group is taking their sweet time refunding their season ticket money as well.
Video: Thrashers owner Michael Gearon breaks down crying talking about team’s sale and move to Winnipeg
May 31, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Soon-to-be former Thrashers owner Michael Gearon spoke to the media about the sale and eventual relocation of the team to Winnipeg and broke into tears. Sincere? You be the judge.
May 30, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
Thrashers co-owner Rutherford Seydel discussed the Thrashers possible move, stating that many members of the ownership group tried their best to keep the team but admitted there “aren’t enough” of people in the group passionate enough to get something done.
May 30, 2011, 12:10 PM EDT
Some reporters are claiming the Thrashers-to-Winnipeg announcement could be made as early as Tuesday. There is at least a hint of hope for Thrashers fans, though, as a new potential local suitor reportedly emerged late last week.
May 26, 2011, 12:07 PM EDT
Would the Thrashers’ relocation to Winnipeg violate NHL by-laws regarding relocation? At least one SBNation Atlanta writer believes so.
May 21, 2011, 4:27 PM EDT
Thrashers fans held a rally/tailgate to show that they want the team to stay in Atlanta. If nothing else, they enjoyed at least one last hurrah and got a few jabs in on Winnipeg and The Atlanta Spirit in the process.
May 19, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
If you were hoping that Atlanta native, sports fan, and rapper Lil’ John would want to jump in and try to buy the team then you must be krunk.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)