May 23, 2011, 8:55 PM EDT
True North and the Atlanta Spirit are getting close to a deal, but the NHL indicates that an announcement probably won’t come on Tuesday. In other news, the Spirit and John Moores are no longer exclusively discussing a deal to sell the Atlanta Hawks, giving a tiny bit of hope to Thrashers fans.
May 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
The previously anonymous party interested in keeping the Thrashers in Atlanta reportedly is JB Smith, a man many think lacks the resources to get a deal done. Meanwhile, True North is asking for government assistance to afford a Thrashers purchase.
May 11, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
The City of Atlanta wouldn’t be willing to put together the same type of deal to save the Thrashers as the City of Glendale generated to avoid the Coyotes’ relocation. Read this post for more details.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)