May 23, 2011, 8:55 PM EDT
True North and the Atlanta Spirit are getting close to a deal, but the NHL indicates that an announcement probably won’t come on Tuesday. In other news, the Spirit and John Moores are no longer exclusively discussing a deal to sell the Atlanta Hawks, giving a tiny bit of hope to Thrashers fans.
May 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
The previously anonymous party interested in keeping the Thrashers in Atlanta reportedly is JB Smith, a man many think lacks the resources to get a deal done. Meanwhile, True North is asking for government assistance to afford a Thrashers purchase.
May 11, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
The City of Atlanta wouldn’t be willing to put together the same type of deal to save the Thrashers as the City of Glendale generated to avoid the Coyotes’ relocation. Read this post for more details.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)