May 23, 2011, 8:55 PM EDT
True North and the Atlanta Spirit are getting close to a deal, but the NHL indicates that an announcement probably won’t come on Tuesday. In other news, the Spirit and John Moores are no longer exclusively discussing a deal to sell the Atlanta Hawks, giving a tiny bit of hope to Thrashers fans.
May 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
The previously anonymous party interested in keeping the Thrashers in Atlanta reportedly is JB Smith, a man many think lacks the resources to get a deal done. Meanwhile, True North is asking for government assistance to afford a Thrashers purchase.
May 11, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
The City of Atlanta wouldn’t be willing to put together the same type of deal to save the Thrashers as the City of Glendale generated to avoid the Coyotes’ relocation. Read this post for more details.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)