May 23, 2011, 8:55 PM EST
True North and the Atlanta Spirit are getting close to a deal, but the NHL indicates that an announcement probably won’t come on Tuesday. In other news, the Spirit and John Moores are no longer exclusively discussing a deal to sell the Atlanta Hawks, giving a tiny bit of hope to Thrashers fans.
May 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
The previously anonymous party interested in keeping the Thrashers in Atlanta reportedly is JB Smith, a man many think lacks the resources to get a deal done. Meanwhile, True North is asking for government assistance to afford a Thrashers purchase.
May 11, 2011, 11:46 PM EST
The City of Atlanta wouldn’t be willing to put together the same type of deal to save the Thrashers as the City of Glendale generated to avoid the Coyotes’ relocation. Read this post for more details.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EST
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 0
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 4
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)