Apr 2, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Pens forward issues no apologies for walloping check.
Apr 2, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
Pens coach doesn’t think supplementary discipline is forthcoming after yesterday’s Pittsburgh-Philly fun.
Jan 19, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
It appears as though he might.
Dec 28, 2011, 12:47 PM EDT
Both players looking to get season back on track.
Dec 19, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Caps forward has been out with a concussion since getting knocked out by Arron Asham.
Dec 9, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Artem Anisimov’s goal celebration caused enough trouble for him to apologize for it.
Dec 6, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
Preds forward discusses New York Times’ Derek Boogaard article.
Dec 5, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
Sorry for the lack of focus on this one. We’ve been busy.
Dec 2, 2011, 12:12 AM EDT
The Caps fall again in an eventful loss to the Penguins… an eventful game that had nothing to do with Crosby or Ovechkin. When was the last time that happened?
Dec 1, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
It didn’t take much time for John Erskine to make Arron Asham pay for his actions from the last time the Pens/Caps faced off. Check out the video of the fists of fury…
Dec 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
“What happens, happens. Not going to let it affect my game.”
Oct 17, 2011, 9:35 PM EDT
Arron Asham apparently thinks he’s being penned as Public Enemy #1 for his taunting of Jay Beagle and can’t stop apologizing for it.
Oct 15, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau has kept Jay Beagle off the ice for two straight days as the team waits to see if he displays any concussion-like symptoms.
Oct 14, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin’s complaints about Arron Asham after last night’s Pens-Caps game aren’t sitting too well with Asham… To say the least.
Oct 14, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Brooks Laich doesn’t want to hear anymore about concussions, the quiet room, or any more concussion awareness crap. Seriously?
Oct 13, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Arron Asham drops Jay Beagle with two punches in the 3rd period of Thursday’s Caps/Pens game. But it was his “asleep” gesture after the fight is what made waves…
Jul 1, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
While they pulled their offer for Jaromir Jagr, the Penguins decided to bring back Tyler Kennedy with a two-year, $4 million deal.
Jun 29, 2011, 11:11 PM EDT
Here is a roundup of some of the smaller moves from around the NHL today, highlighted by David Jones signing a one-year deal with the Colorado Avalanche.
Apr 20, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
The Penguins faithful have been waiting for James Neal to have a big goal. They got it tonight as his double-overtime game-winner gives Pittsburgh a 3-1 series lead on Tampa Bay.
Apr 19, 2011, 12:09 AM EDT
Pittsburgh takes a 2-1 series lead in a rough and tumble and occasionally dirty game over Tampa Bay stealing a 3-2 win in Florida. Chris Kunitz’s flying elbow is going to get him in trouble however.
Oct 19, 2010, 12:06 PM EDT
While the Penguins and Brent Johnson are on a torrid pace, there’s no doubt that they must miss their four most noteworthy injured players: Jordan Staal, Zbynek Michalek, Brooks Orpik and Arron Asham. While it’s unclear when exactly the four will return to the ice, TSN passes along the good news that each skater at least took the ice on Tuesday, with Staal, Michalek and Asham actually appearing in practice with the team.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)