Aug 2, 2011, 12:55 AM EST
The future of the New York Islanders calling Long Island home for the foreseeable future took a major blow tonight as the arena referendum was voted down by Nassau County voters.
Aug 1, 2011, 10:08 PM EST
It wouldn’t be an Islanders situation without a few pitfalls, but the polls are closed and now Islanders fans await to see if the voters of Nassau County approve spending $400 million for a new arena complex.
Jul 29, 2011, 6:04 PM EST
The Islanders aren’t just getting support from the Rangers on their new arena deal, but the Devils are backing them as well.
Jul 24, 2011, 1:03 PM EST
If the Islanders arena referendum doesn’t pass on August 1, Charles Wang says he’s not going to try and develop the Nassau Coliseum area anymore.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46