Aug 2, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
After months of negotiations, Shea Weber and the Nashville Predators were unable to avoid salary arbitration. Now we know why: Weber was looking for $8.5 million per season while the Predators were offering $4.75 million per season.
Jul 28, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators signed former Washington defenseman Tyler Sloan to a one-year contract to add depth to their blueline as Francis Bouillon continues to fight concussion-like symptoms. Meanwhile, the Preds management is preparing for an arbitration hearing with Shea Weber on Tuesday.
Jul 21, 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
If anyone knows what it’s like to deal with an arbitration hearing, its Clarke MacArthur. By reaching an agreement with the Maple Leafs this summer, he avoided his third hearing in as many years. It sounds like he’s glad that he was able to avoid the mess.
Jul 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The vast majority of arbitration eligible restricted free agents have already signed contracts with their current teams, but there are still a few teams and players negotiating as their arbitration hearings loom.
Jul 20, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
The Blackhawks exercised their “walk-away” rights after Chris Campoli’s arbitration hearing making him an unrestricted free agent. So what is next for the defenseman without a home?
Bad news for Chris Campoli? Chicago re-signs Michael Frolik for three years, Sami Lepisto for one year
Jul 15, 2011, 2:21 PM EDT
The Blackhawks keep adding pieces, this time retaining forward Michael Frolik and adding defenseman Sami Lepisto. Does this mean Chris Campoli’s days are numbered in Chicago?
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)