Aug 2, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
After months of negotiations, Shea Weber and the Nashville Predators were unable to avoid salary arbitration. Now we know why: Weber was looking for $8.5 million per season while the Predators were offering $4.75 million per season.
Jul 28, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The Nashville Predators signed former Washington defenseman Tyler Sloan to a one-year contract to add depth to their blueline as Francis Bouillon continues to fight concussion-like symptoms. Meanwhile, the Preds management is preparing for an arbitration hearing with Shea Weber on Tuesday.
Jul 21, 2011, 11:31 PM EST
If anyone knows what it’s like to deal with an arbitration hearing, its Clarke MacArthur. By reaching an agreement with the Maple Leafs this summer, he avoided his third hearing in as many years. It sounds like he’s glad that he was able to avoid the mess.
Jul 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The vast majority of arbitration eligible restricted free agents have already signed contracts with their current teams, but there are still a few teams and players negotiating as their arbitration hearings loom.
Jul 20, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
The Blackhawks exercised their “walk-away” rights after Chris Campoli’s arbitration hearing making him an unrestricted free agent. So what is next for the defenseman without a home?
Bad news for Chris Campoli? Chicago re-signs Michael Frolik for three years, Sami Lepisto for one year
Jul 15, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
The Blackhawks keep adding pieces, this time retaining forward Michael Frolik and adding defenseman Sami Lepisto. Does this mean Chris Campoli’s days are numbered in Chicago?
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 1
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8