Dec 4, 2011, 1:24 PM EDT
20-year-old lighting it up for the Jets.
Nov 29, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Top six of Crosby, Getzlaf, Perry, Richards, Carter and Bergeron. Not bad.
Nov 24, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Ducks get taken to task by…Luca Sbisa?
Nov 11, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
Another loss, followed by another blasting from coach Claude Noel.
Oct 21, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Head coach Claude Noel and his team are under fire after a rough start to the year.
Oct 17, 2011, 1:44 PM EDT
The Jets already can’t score. They didn’t need this.
Oct 13, 2011, 8:13 PM EDT
Tonight’s game between the Hawks and Jets will be the first time Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien return to United Center ice since winning the Stanley Cup in 2010.
Oct 9, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
Winnipeg fans are going to create an insane atmosphere during today’s franchise re-opener, but can a young Jets team keep its composure against the Canadiens?
Oct 3, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
How will the Jets’ first year in Winnipeg since 1995 pan out? Check out this Dustin Byfuglien-sized 2011-12 season preview to find out.
Sep 20, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
It’s just a preseason game and it’s just against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but the first NHL game featuring the hometown team since 1996 will be played in Winnipeg tonight.
Sep 16, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
Not surprisingly, Dustin Byfuglien was faced with plenty of questions about his weight at the first day of Winnipeg’s training camp. But he, nor anyone else on the team, seem to think it will be a problem.
Sep 6, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Finally, the Winnipeg Jets have sweaters to wear on the ice… And they showed them off in dramatic fashion. So, what do you think of them? We’re… underwhelmed.
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 5, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
With the Winnipeg Jets’ summer being a quiet one, they did one important thing today: re-signed captain Andrew Ladd to a five-year deal.
Jul 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
With the Winnipeg Jets coming to rise out of Atlanta, it appears that even though everything else about the team is new they’re doing things like they did while in Atlanta.
Jun 12, 2011, 12:24 AM EDT
Restricted free agent to-be Andrew Ladd flew up to Winnipeg to check out the Thrashers new home. If GM Kevin Cheveldayoff gets his way, it’ll be Ladd’s new home as well next season.
Jun 9, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Should the Winnipeg team be named the Jets? Will he even play for whatever the team is called? Last season’s Atlanta Thrashers captain Andrew Ladd discussed those issues today.
May 31, 2011, 10:21 PM EDT
One of the first orders of business for the team in Winnipeg is to lock-up their new captain, restricted free agent Andrew Ladd.
Apr 7, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
The Rangers had playoff destiny in their own hands going into tonight’s game against Atlanta. Now they’ve handed it off to Carolina after being shutout 3-0 by Ondrej Pavelec and the Thrashers.
Mar 27, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
The Penguins and Thrashers did what they needed to do this afternoon, earning shootout wins against the Panthers and Senators respectively.
Mar 5, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Let’s take an early ride on the Zamboni. Highlights include Jonathan Toews and the Blackhawks earning their eight straight win, the Penguins breaking the Bruins’ winning streak and the Thrashers looking like a team that was once a breakthrough success again.
Jan 23, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
During Chicago’s “Great Fire Sale” of 2010 in their Stanley Cup afterglow, Patrick Sharp was a hotly rumored player to be moved. Chicago stuck by him and they should be thankful they did.
Dec 4, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
With a Penguins win over the Blue Jackets and a regulation loss by the Capitals against the Thrashers, Pittsburgh and Washington find themselves tied atop the Eastern Conference. Sidney Crosby scored two goals, giving him a league leading 23 on the season.
Nov 18, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The Atlanta Thrashers decided to make Andrew Ladd their new team captain today. He’s their first captain since they traded Ilya Kovalchuk.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)