Sep 6, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
Finally, the Winnipeg Jets have sweaters to wear on the ice… And they showed them off in dramatic fashion. So, what do you think of them? We’re… underwhelmed.
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 5, 2011, 3:07 PM EST
With the Winnipeg Jets’ summer being a quiet one, they did one important thing today: re-signed captain Andrew Ladd to a five-year deal.
Jul 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EST
With the Winnipeg Jets coming to rise out of Atlanta, it appears that even though everything else about the team is new they’re doing things like they did while in Atlanta.
Jun 12, 2011, 12:24 AM EST
Restricted free agent to-be Andrew Ladd flew up to Winnipeg to check out the Thrashers new home. If GM Kevin Cheveldayoff gets his way, it’ll be Ladd’s new home as well next season.
Jun 9, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
Should the Winnipeg team be named the Jets? Will he even play for whatever the team is called? Last season’s Atlanta Thrashers captain Andrew Ladd discussed those issues today.
May 31, 2011, 10:21 PM EST
One of the first orders of business for the team in Winnipeg is to lock-up their new captain, restricted free agent Andrew Ladd.
Apr 7, 2011, 10:07 PM EST
The Rangers had playoff destiny in their own hands going into tonight’s game against Atlanta. Now they’ve handed it off to Carolina after being shutout 3-0 by Ondrej Pavelec and the Thrashers.
Mar 27, 2011, 5:46 PM EST
The Penguins and Thrashers did what they needed to do this afternoon, earning shootout wins against the Panthers and Senators respectively.
Mar 5, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Let’s take an early ride on the Zamboni. Highlights include Jonathan Toews and the Blackhawks earning their eight straight win, the Penguins breaking the Bruins’ winning streak and the Thrashers looking like a team that was once a breakthrough success again.
Jan 23, 2011, 11:04 AM EST
During Chicago’s “Great Fire Sale” of 2010 in their Stanley Cup afterglow, Patrick Sharp was a hotly rumored player to be moved. Chicago stuck by him and they should be thankful they did.
Dec 4, 2010, 10:07 PM EST
With a Penguins win over the Blue Jackets and a regulation loss by the Capitals against the Thrashers, Pittsburgh and Washington find themselves tied atop the Eastern Conference. Sidney Crosby scored two goals, giving him a league leading 23 on the season.
Nov 18, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
The Atlanta Thrashers decided to make Andrew Ladd their new team captain today. He’s their first captain since they traded Ilya Kovalchuk.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)