Jan 11, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
The coach and GM aren’t on the same page.
Dec 7, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
“I think for the ladies it’s a great gift for the new year,” said Russian Hockey Federation president Vladislav Tretiak, who I think was talking about the hockey team.
Aug 10, 2011, 3:36 PM EST
Oh, Ottawa. You started off so well but you’re lost in a cycle of looking terrible. Looks like the Senators are taking that whole resembling government thing a bit too much to heart.
Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
Alex Kovalev will be far away from Ottawa after signing a two-year deal with the KHL, but that doesn’t mean that the wounds from his experience with the Senators (and the media) have totally healed.
Jul 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Are the Islanders in the market for another big move? Rumor says that they are. Could that also mean they avoid the Alexei Yashin debacle?
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EST
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM EST
While some teams are looking to bring down their payroll, four teams still have some money left to spend to get to the salary floor.
Jul 22, 2011, 12:54 PM EST
After refusing to play for the Islanders after they snatched him off the waiver wire in 2010-11, Evgeni Nabokov’s agent confirmed that the wayward netminder will play in the NHL next season. Of course, the question is: who will he play for?
Report: Alexei Yashin’s agent says they’re negotiating with Islanders, ‘seriously considering’ the offer
Jul 22, 2011, 12:18 PM EST
It’s tough to tell if this is just another negotiating ploy or not, but Alexei Yashin’s agent says that they’re negotiating with the Islanders. Yashin and his agent are reportedly “seriously considering their offer.”
Jul 18, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
Here’s a little more about the Alexei Yashin situation: his agent claims that at least one NHL team might be interested in adding him. Click “Read More” for the latest update.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Now that it’s clear he won’t be back with SKA St. Petersburg, we cannot help but ask an out-there question: could Alexei Yashin return to the NHL?
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 12
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 12
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)