Jan 11, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The coach and GM aren’t on the same page.
Dec 7, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
“I think for the ladies it’s a great gift for the new year,” said Russian Hockey Federation president Vladislav Tretiak, who I think was talking about the hockey team.
Aug 10, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Oh, Ottawa. You started off so well but you’re lost in a cycle of looking terrible. Looks like the Senators are taking that whole resembling government thing a bit too much to heart.
Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Alex Kovalev will be far away from Ottawa after signing a two-year deal with the KHL, but that doesn’t mean that the wounds from his experience with the Senators (and the media) have totally healed.
Jul 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Are the Islanders in the market for another big move? Rumor says that they are. Could that also mean they avoid the Alexei Yashin debacle?
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM EDT
While some teams are looking to bring down their payroll, four teams still have some money left to spend to get to the salary floor.
Jul 22, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
After refusing to play for the Islanders after they snatched him off the waiver wire in 2010-11, Evgeni Nabokov’s agent confirmed that the wayward netminder will play in the NHL next season. Of course, the question is: who will he play for?
Report: Alexei Yashin’s agent says they’re negotiating with Islanders, ‘seriously considering’ the offer
Jul 22, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
It’s tough to tell if this is just another negotiating ploy or not, but Alexei Yashin’s agent says that they’re negotiating with the Islanders. Yashin and his agent are reportedly “seriously considering their offer.”
Jul 18, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Here’s a little more about the Alexei Yashin situation: his agent claims that at least one NHL team might be interested in adding him. Click “Read More” for the latest update.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Now that it’s clear he won’t be back with SKA St. Petersburg, we cannot help but ask an out-there question: could Alexei Yashin return to the NHL?
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 5
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)