Jan 11, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The coach and GM aren’t on the same page.
Dec 7, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
“I think for the ladies it’s a great gift for the new year,” said Russian Hockey Federation president Vladislav Tretiak, who I think was talking about the hockey team.
Aug 10, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Oh, Ottawa. You started off so well but you’re lost in a cycle of looking terrible. Looks like the Senators are taking that whole resembling government thing a bit too much to heart.
Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Alex Kovalev will be far away from Ottawa after signing a two-year deal with the KHL, but that doesn’t mean that the wounds from his experience with the Senators (and the media) have totally healed.
Jul 29, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Are the Islanders in the market for another big move? Rumor says that they are. Could that also mean they avoid the Alexei Yashin debacle?
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 26, 2011, 8:58 PM EDT
Alexei Yashin says there’s “not any rush” regarding his decision to return to the NHL with the Islanders or stay overseas. This post addresses a question Yashin brought up, as well: can he be effective with the Islanders? PHT explains that it’s all about keeping reasonable expectations, which rarely happens with Yashin.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM EDT
While some teams are looking to bring down their payroll, four teams still have some money left to spend to get to the salary floor.
Jul 22, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
After refusing to play for the Islanders after they snatched him off the waiver wire in 2010-11, Evgeni Nabokov’s agent confirmed that the wayward netminder will play in the NHL next season. Of course, the question is: who will he play for?
Report: Alexei Yashin’s agent says they’re negotiating with Islanders, ‘seriously considering’ the offer
Jul 22, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
It’s tough to tell if this is just another negotiating ploy or not, but Alexei Yashin’s agent says that they’re negotiating with the Islanders. Yashin and his agent are reportedly “seriously considering their offer.”
Jul 18, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Here’s a little more about the Alexei Yashin situation: his agent claims that at least one NHL team might be interested in adding him. Click “Read More” for the latest update.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Now that it’s clear he won’t be back with SKA St. Petersburg, we cannot help but ask an out-there question: could Alexei Yashin return to the NHL?
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)