Oct 14, 2011, 2:25 AM EDT
Ray Emery wins his Blackhawks’ regular season debut against the Winnipeg Jets. Does that mean he has the back-up spot behind Corey Crawford wrapped-up?
Oct 12, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
Corey Crawford has a wonky groin, Ray Emery has got… something going on, and Alexander Salak is coming back up. Problems in Chicago?
Oct 3, 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
The job for Chicago’s backup goalie position was down to veteran Ray Emery and youngster Alexander Salak. In Chicago’s case this time, the veteran leads the way.
Oct 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Chicago has one more preseason game left to play and with it, coach Joel Quenneville has a lot of lineup choices left to make.
Sep 25, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT
Corey Crawford ripped the starting job away from Marty Turco in the middle of last season. Now, he’ll try to prove that he can succeed while being the undisputed #1 from the very beginning of training camp.
Sep 23, 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
Despite allowing four goals in the third period, Ray Emery continues to battle as he tries to earn the back-up goaltender role in Chicago. But if he’s unsuccessful, will he get a shot somewhere else?
Sep 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Ray Emery is getting a tryout in Chicago’s training camp but can he be the backup goalie they’ll need to make a run at the Stanley Cup?
Aug 4, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
A look at Ray Emery’s challenging road back to the NHL, which will continue at Chicago Blackhawks training camp.
Jul 27, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
The Blackhawks reportedly invited Ray Emery to training camp on a tryout basis, a low-risk move that could provide the team with valuable goalie insurance in case Alexander Salak flops as a backup.
Feb 9, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
The Blackhawks acquired Michael Frolik (plus the rights to goalie Alexander Salak) by trading Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman and David Pacan to the Panthers.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)