Nov 20, 2013, 4:56 PM EST
From one star Russian to another.
Oct 31, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
It’s the first game he’s missed due to injury since February 2012.
Sep 7, 2013, 9:25 AM EST
He was the last Caps player who needed to be signed.
Aug 3, 2013, 10:36 AM EST
The lockout nearly kept some huge stars back home.
Jul 22, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
Goalie and forwards look good. But the defense?
Nov 8, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
And he says SKA St. Petersburg wants to keep Ilya Kovalchuk.
Oct 18, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
Curious timing on this one…
Sep 19, 2012, 11:24 AM EST
Does the KHL have a center ice package?
Jul 31, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Can they build on last year’s surprising playoff run?
Jul 31, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
What on earth is Galifianakis wearing?
Jun 20, 2012, 7:43 PM EST
He captured the award after leading the NHL with 109 points.
May 1, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
Radulov and Kostitsyn emblematic of a larger-scale issue, apparently.
Apr 14, 2012, 2:58 AM EST
Bruins look to take 2-0 series lead, Caps look to solve Tim Thomas.
Apr 12, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
New York’s Ryan Callahan finished No. 2, one spot ahead of Sidney Crosby.
Jan 24, 2012, 8:59 AM EST
If he only could have stopped that 3rd period shot from Daniel Alfredsson…
Jan 24, 2012, 12:27 AM EST
The All-Star Game could lose more star power.
Nov 29, 2011, 11:22 PM EST
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones agree that Boudreau needed to go in Washington. Why? Alex Ovechkin.
Nov 9, 2011, 8:13 PM EST
Various Caps players responded to Mike Knuble’s postgame comments this afternoon. Consensus: they played like clowns
Nov 4, 2011, 10:32 PM EST
If the Caps are going to win 5-1 every time there’s a controversy, should we expect Bruce Boudreau to bench Alex Ovechkin every game?
Sep 2, 2011, 2:17 AM EST
Alexander Ovechkin signs a long-term endorsement deal with Nike. Now that Reebok has Crosby and Nike has Ovechkin, how long before Converse or Adidas look to lock up Joe Thornton or Chris Pronger? Don’t hold your breath.
Apr 14, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
Five quick thoughts on what went down in last night’s opening games of the NHL Playoffs highlighting Detroit and Pittsburgh’s killer cool, Vancouver’s need to stay sharp, and the Caps looking different than last year.
Apr 13, 2011, 3:29 AM EST
Time for us to put our money where our mouth is and our mouth and our money are banking on chalk to carry the day into the Stanley Cup final where one team will win their first ever Stanley Cup.
Apr 12, 2011, 11:47 PM EST
There are five players who have a lot more pressure on them to win the Stanley Cup this year. Which five are they? You know you want to know.
Apr 11, 2011, 5:16 PM EST
The Rangers and Capitals get it on again in the playoffs only this time some of the players and the circumstances have changed. We take a look at who we think wins this series and want to know who you think takes it.
Caps injury news: Alex Ovechkin returns to practice; Mike Green skates but isn’t sure when he’ll be back
Mar 28, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin hit the ice today for practice and might be back tomorrow against Carolina. Meanwhile, Mike Green skated but is not sure when he’ll be back.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)