Apr 3, 2011, 11:28 PM EST
Right when you thought things were going to get easier in the Western Conference today went and screwed all of that up.
Apr 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
A beautiful give-and-go odd-man rush gives Alex Tanguay an easy finish and makes Jaroslav Halak look foolish.
Apr 2, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Blackhawks and Flames both grab two points in the standings; Coyotes only manage a single point against the struggling Avalanche.
Mar 7, 2011, 8:01 PM EST
Unexpectedly effective Flames center Brendan Morrison will miss at least two or three more weeks with a knee injury.
Feb 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Who scored last week’s best goal? The candidates are: Alex Ovechkin, Devin Setoguchi, Matt Calvert, Marcus Johansson, Pavel Datsyuk, Mikhail Grabovski and Alex Tanguay.
Feb 20, 2011, 10:24 PM EST
Rene Bourque had two goals and Miikka Kiprusoff’s fourth shutout of the year lead the Flames to victory over the Habs at the Heritage Classic.
Feb 15, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
Calgary forward Alex Tanguay used good old fashion ingenuity to put one past Avalanche goalie Peter Budaj.
Feb 9, 2011, 6:26 PM EST
Remember when earlier this afternoon we told you about the Flames saying Alex Tanguay was out indefinitely with a concussion? Turns out it was just a neck strain. Oopsies!
Feb 9, 2011, 3:42 PM EST
With a host of injuries to update here’s what’s up with Chris Drury, Daniel Alfredsson, Keith Ballard, and Alex Tanguay.
Feb 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
With Evgeni Malkin likely done for the season and playoffs, the Penguins must move on. How will they use a sudden glut of cap space to try to fill some of that void? Read this post for some suggestions and speculation.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:59 AM EST
Did he or didn’t he? Alex Tanguay got credit for a shootout goal on Roberto Luongo even though you don’t actually see or know where the puck is.
Dec 8, 2010, 9:33 PM EST
The big-ticket free agents seem like they’re big-time busts so far this season, but some NHL teams ended up with some big steals with smaller contracts.
Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Pavel Dastyuk made some jaw dropping moves and then fed Henrik Zetterberg for the goal of the night.
Nov 9, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
Simon Gagne’s neck injury remains a “mystery” but, on the bright side, it seems pretty clear that Steve Downie will be in the lineup for tonight’s Lightning-Leafs game.
Oct 24, 2010, 11:58 PM EST
The spotlight might be on San Jose’s meltdown, but credit should go to Miikka Kiprusoff and Rene Bourque of the Flames for winning this one 4-0. More on that game after the jump.
Oct 22, 2010, 2:54 PM EST
The start of Olli Jokinen’s second tour of duty in Calgary isn’t exactly off to the start the Flames were hoping for.
Oct 15, 2010, 3:04 AM EST
While the Panthers get off their bad streak, worries continue to grow in Calgary over the Flames’ seeming lack of motivation.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 39
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)