Dec 2, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
“Your top players make your team go, and you’ve got to make sure your top players are on your side.”
Nov 30, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
Says penalties rattled the Russian sniper.
Nov 28, 2011, 8:32 AM EST
When there’s smoke, there’s fire and there was plenty of it surrounding the Caps. Bruce Boudreau is out and now Dale Hunter inherits a team in need of a kick in the pants.
Nov 23, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Joel Ward sleeps in, feels the wrath.
Nov 22, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Caps GM stands by his coach.
Nov 21, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
Washington’s head coach sends yet another stern message.
Nov 21, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
Gee, I wonder why.
Nov 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
It’s becoming almost ritual to write this sort of column, but are the Caps problems ones they should be concerned about for the long run?
Nov 17, 2011, 4:15 PM EST
Plus four other notable numbers.
Nov 15, 2011, 3:57 PM EST
Semin probably doesn’t want him to, either.
Nov 11, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
The Caps have missed him.
Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 AM EST
Looks like Alex Ovechkin won’t get to have a chuckle with Ilya Kovalchuk after either of their games this weekend.
Nov 8, 2011, 4:24 PM EST
Let’s start some trade rumors!
Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM EST
A pair of Capitals got redemption tonight against Florida as Tomas Vokoun shut out his old team and Alex Semin showed Matt Bradley how much he really cares.
Oct 17, 2011, 3:22 PM EST
Former Capital wishes he could take back what he said about Alex Semin.
Oct 8, 2011, 11:10 AM EST
Remember how Marcus Johansson was going to be the breakout player for the Caps? Mathieu Perreault must not have been listening to all that.
Sep 21, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
There’s a lot of pressure on the Washington Capitals heading into this season and NBC’s Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire talk to NBC Sports Talk’s Russ Thaler about how they have to win in the playoffs… Or else.
Sep 11, 2011, 11:12 AM EST
A surprisingly tough defensive Washington Capitals team will get a further tweak to their strategy this year. It might be time for other teams to worry even more.
Aug 20, 2011, 10:15 PM EST
The NHL on NBC schedule is out now for this season and we’ve got a few weekends circled already.
Aug 16, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
NHL.com provided a list of 15 players from the East who will under big-time pressure next season, but here’s nine more who will face intense scrutiny.
Jul 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Sure, it’s early, but if you’re wondering which players might be the big fish of free agency in 2012, this post provides the pending unrestricted free agents for next year.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
The Capitals are wise to resist the urge to “blow things up” after a few disappointments, as owner Ted Leonsis points out that their window to win a title could be open for “10-15 years.”
Apr 14, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
Five quick thoughts on what went down in last night’s opening games of the NHL Playoffs highlighting Detroit and Pittsburgh’s killer cool, Vancouver’s need to stay sharp, and the Caps looking different than last year.
Apr 13, 2011, 3:29 AM EST
Time for us to put our money where our mouth is and our mouth and our money are banking on chalk to carry the day into the Stanley Cup final where one team will win their first ever Stanley Cup.
Apr 11, 2011, 5:16 PM EST
The Rangers and Capitals get it on again in the playoffs only this time some of the players and the circumstances have changed. We take a look at who we think wins this series and want to know who you think takes it.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)