Dec 6, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Seguin missed a team breakfast and meeting. Now he’ll miss the team’s game as well.
Dec 5, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Washington’s struggling forward will be a game-time decision.
Dec 2, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
“Your top players make your team go, and you’ve got to make sure your top players are on your side.”
Nov 30, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
Says penalties rattled the Russian sniper.
Nov 28, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
When there’s smoke, there’s fire and there was plenty of it surrounding the Caps. Bruce Boudreau is out and now Dale Hunter inherits a team in need of a kick in the pants.
Nov 23, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Joel Ward sleeps in, feels the wrath.
Nov 22, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Caps GM stands by his coach.
Nov 21, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
Washington’s head coach sends yet another stern message.
Nov 21, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Gee, I wonder why.
Nov 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
It’s becoming almost ritual to write this sort of column, but are the Caps problems ones they should be concerned about for the long run?
Nov 17, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
Plus four other notable numbers.
Nov 15, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT
Semin probably doesn’t want him to, either.
Nov 11, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
The Caps have missed him.
Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
Looks like Alex Ovechkin won’t get to have a chuckle with Ilya Kovalchuk after either of their games this weekend.
Nov 8, 2011, 4:24 PM EDT
Let’s start some trade rumors!
Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
A pair of Capitals got redemption tonight against Florida as Tomas Vokoun shut out his old team and Alex Semin showed Matt Bradley how much he really cares.
Oct 17, 2011, 3:22 PM EDT
Former Capital wishes he could take back what he said about Alex Semin.
Oct 8, 2011, 11:10 AM EDT
Remember how Marcus Johansson was going to be the breakout player for the Caps? Mathieu Perreault must not have been listening to all that.
Sep 21, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
There’s a lot of pressure on the Washington Capitals heading into this season and NBC’s Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire talk to NBC Sports Talk’s Russ Thaler about how they have to win in the playoffs… Or else.
Sep 11, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
A surprisingly tough defensive Washington Capitals team will get a further tweak to their strategy this year. It might be time for other teams to worry even more.
Aug 20, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
The NHL on NBC schedule is out now for this season and we’ve got a few weekends circled already.
Aug 16, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
NHL.com provided a list of 15 players from the East who will under big-time pressure next season, but here’s nine more who will face intense scrutiny.
Jul 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Sure, it’s early, but if you’re wondering which players might be the big fish of free agency in 2012, this post provides the pending unrestricted free agents for next year.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:32 AM EDT
The Capitals are wise to resist the urge to “blow things up” after a few disappointments, as owner Ted Leonsis points out that their window to win a title could be open for “10-15 years.”
Apr 14, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
Five quick thoughts on what went down in last night’s opening games of the NHL Playoffs highlighting Detroit and Pittsburgh’s killer cool, Vancouver’s need to stay sharp, and the Caps looking different than last year.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)