Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Yeah, we don’t get it either.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Peter Forsberg’s election helped cement the argument.
Mar 25, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
“Started the season good and everything was going well and, all of a sudden, they started pushing me away.”
Mar 23, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
Frosty receptions might be on the way.
Mar 21, 2013, 7:18 PM EDT
He played in 1,316 regular season games.
Mar 9, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
This might end with his retirement.
Mar 1, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
His stint with Florida hasn’t gone especially well.
May 9, 2012, 10:21 AM EDT
He’s apparently quite happy being part of a grind-it-out team these days.
Aug 11, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Andrei Kostitsyn was quick to blame Jacques Martin for his flat numbers, but most of the facts point to the fact that he’s the one who falling short.
Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Alex Kovalev will be far away from Ottawa after signing a two-year deal with the KHL, but that doesn’t mean that the wounds from his experience with the Senators (and the media) have totally healed.
Aug 3, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
After getting little interest from teams in the NHL, Nikolay Zherdev is headed back to the KHL to play for his former team there and team up with fellow NHL exile Alex Kovalev.
Jul 24, 2011, 6:39 PM EDT
Through over three weeks of free agency, most guys have found new homes. As for the rest of the unrestricted free agents, they’re waiting for table scraps and an opportunity to show they’re worth it.
Jul 7, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
After nearly a week of free agency madness, the pack of players available that could still be very useful has thinned out considerably. Who’s the best of the best though? We’ve got a few picks to sort through.
May 28, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
Wondering what the Pittsburgh Penguins might look like next season? You can start by imagining what they’ll look like without Mike Comrie and Alex Kovalev.
Mar 4, 2011, 10:52 AM EDT
On March 20 we’ll see the Penguins and Rangers battle for the playoffs on NBC’s Game of the Week.
Mar 2, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
With the trade deadline over and teams gearing up for the playoffs now, Mike Milbury lets us know who he thinks is tops in the East.
Feb 26, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
In a wild game in Toronto, Pittsburgh was able to snap their four game losing streak
Feb 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Senators claimed Marek Svatos to help fill the void left by the Alexei Kovalev deal, while Nikolai Zherdev and yesterday’s other waived players went unclaimed.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
After eight years bouncing around other teams, Alex Kovalev is in Pittsburgh again after the Penguins acquired him in a trade with the Senators.
Feb 12, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
The Senators ended their 11-game losing streak with a win against the Oilers, while possible trade targets Alex Kovalev, Ales Hemsky and Dustin Penner all did well in the game.
Feb 10, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
With Mike Fisher on his way to Nashville for a pair of draft picks, signs are brighter than ever that a major house cleaning is going to happen in Ottawa. But who should go and who should stay? We’ll run down a list of players that might see some action.
Feb 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
With Evgeni Malkin likely done for the season and playoffs, the Penguins must move on. How will they use a sudden glut of cap space to try to fill some of that void? Read this post for some suggestions and speculation.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
The Senators can’t buy any luck this season, much like Alex Kovalev, who is expected to miss a week or more with a knee injury.
Dec 13, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
With a slew of forwards on the shelf, the St. Louis Blues are rumored to be flirting with the idea of trading for Alex Kovalev. Keep in mind it’s a rumor, not a fact, though.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)