Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 PM EST
Yeah, we don’t get it either.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Peter Forsberg’s election helped cement the argument.
Mar 25, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
“Started the season good and everything was going well and, all of a sudden, they started pushing me away.”
Mar 23, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
Frosty receptions might be on the way.
Mar 21, 2013, 7:18 PM EST
He played in 1,316 regular season games.
Mar 9, 2013, 6:54 PM EST
This might end with his retirement.
Mar 1, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
His stint with Florida hasn’t gone especially well.
May 9, 2012, 10:21 AM EST
He’s apparently quite happy being part of a grind-it-out team these days.
Aug 11, 2011, 1:58 PM EST
Andrei Kostitsyn was quick to blame Jacques Martin for his flat numbers, but most of the facts point to the fact that he’s the one who falling short.
Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 PM EST
Alex Kovalev will be far away from Ottawa after signing a two-year deal with the KHL, but that doesn’t mean that the wounds from his experience with the Senators (and the media) have totally healed.
Aug 3, 2011, 6:03 PM EST
After getting little interest from teams in the NHL, Nikolay Zherdev is headed back to the KHL to play for his former team there and team up with fellow NHL exile Alex Kovalev.
Jul 24, 2011, 6:39 PM EST
Through over three weeks of free agency, most guys have found new homes. As for the rest of the unrestricted free agents, they’re waiting for table scraps and an opportunity to show they’re worth it.
Jul 7, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
After nearly a week of free agency madness, the pack of players available that could still be very useful has thinned out considerably. Who’s the best of the best though? We’ve got a few picks to sort through.
May 28, 2011, 9:34 PM EST
Wondering what the Pittsburgh Penguins might look like next season? You can start by imagining what they’ll look like without Mike Comrie and Alex Kovalev.
Mar 4, 2011, 10:52 AM EST
On March 20 we’ll see the Penguins and Rangers battle for the playoffs on NBC’s Game of the Week.
Mar 2, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
With the trade deadline over and teams gearing up for the playoffs now, Mike Milbury lets us know who he thinks is tops in the East.
Feb 26, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
In a wild game in Toronto, Pittsburgh was able to snap their four game losing streak
Feb 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
The Senators claimed Marek Svatos to help fill the void left by the Alexei Kovalev deal, while Nikolai Zherdev and yesterday’s other waived players went unclaimed.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
After eight years bouncing around other teams, Alex Kovalev is in Pittsburgh again after the Penguins acquired him in a trade with the Senators.
Feb 12, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
The Senators ended their 11-game losing streak with a win against the Oilers, while possible trade targets Alex Kovalev, Ales Hemsky and Dustin Penner all did well in the game.
Feb 10, 2011, 9:38 PM EST
With Mike Fisher on his way to Nashville for a pair of draft picks, signs are brighter than ever that a major house cleaning is going to happen in Ottawa. But who should go and who should stay? We’ll run down a list of players that might see some action.
Feb 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
With Evgeni Malkin likely done for the season and playoffs, the Penguins must move on. How will they use a sudden glut of cap space to try to fill some of that void? Read this post for some suggestions and speculation.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
The Senators can’t buy any luck this season, much like Alex Kovalev, who is expected to miss a week or more with a knee injury.
Dec 13, 2010, 4:28 PM EST
With a slew of forwards on the shelf, the St. Louis Blues are rumored to be flirting with the idea of trading for Alex Kovalev. Keep in mind it’s a rumor, not a fact, though.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)