Mar 6, 2014, 8:15 AM EST
That and the rest of the links to start your day.
Aug 5, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
He’s playing in the KHL next season.
Jul 14, 2013, 6:09 PM EST
He’s the third Winnipeg player headed to Russia.
Jul 13, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
It’s a “special circumstance” instead.
May 22, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
Pending RFA not expected to re-sign with Jets.
Dec 1, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
A break from the NHL might be what he needed.
Nov 15, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Actually he’s playing hockey for them. That and more of this morning’s links ahead.
May 30, 2012, 5:36 PM EST
The legendary blueliner is reportedly retiring on Thursday. Here’s a look at some of his most unique accomplishments…
May 1, 2012, 10:31 AM EST
“The guy is under contract. End of discussion.”
May 1, 2012, 8:06 AM EST
And we’re not talking about a Rolling Stones song either. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 30, 2012, 3:03 PM EST
Ak Bars Kazan reportedly making waves…
Dec 17, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
The Jets are in the playoff hunt, so why not float a crazy idea? Idle speculation is fun.
Dec 7, 2011, 1:26 PM EST
Cagey vet doesn’t care for youngster’s yappy ways.
Oct 18, 2011, 9:29 AM EST
Kris Letang could be the first player to catch Brendan Shanahan’s ire in the regular season thanks to his boarding penalty against Winnipeg.
Oct 17, 2011, 11:51 PM EST
On Monday night, the Winnipeg Jets won their first NHL game in 15 years with a 2-1 victory over Pittsburgh.
Oct 3, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
How will the Jets’ first year in Winnipeg since 1995 pan out? Check out this Dustin Byfuglien-sized 2011-12 season preview to find out.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:27 AM EST
Winnipeg Jets first round pick Mark Scheifele made such a good impression in training camp that the team signed him up for his three-year entry-level contract.
Sep 4, 2011, 8:33 PM EST
The Thrashers move to Winnipeg might be tricky for some players, but for Jets youngster Alex Burmistrov he thinks he’ll fit right in there.
Dec 4, 2010, 10:07 PM EST
With a Penguins win over the Blue Jackets and a regulation loss by the Capitals against the Thrashers, Pittsburgh and Washington find themselves tied atop the Eastern Conference. Sidney Crosby scored two goals, giving him a league leading 23 on the season.
Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Alex Burmistrov didn’t win by much, but he just squeaked by Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg to earn the November 15-21 goal of the week award.
Nov 20, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Check out Atlanta Thrashers forward Alex Burmistrov’s outstanding salt-in-the-wound goal from last night’s 5-0 over the Washington Capitals after the jump.
Oct 27, 2010, 7:01 PM EST
Should the Atlanta Thrashers keep Alex Burmistrov at the NHL level and lose one of his bargain entry-level contract years?
Oct 23, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
NHL general managers make a ton of tough decisions, but one of the toughest involve how to handle young talent. In a salary cap era, you have to get plenty of bang for the buck, as many teams reap the benefits of a player’s entry-level contract years or a well-timed second contract. This time around,…
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)