Mar 6, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start your day.
Aug 5, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
He’s playing in the KHL next season.
Jul 14, 2013, 6:09 PM EDT
He’s the third Winnipeg player headed to Russia.
Jul 13, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
It’s a “special circumstance” instead.
May 22, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Pending RFA not expected to re-sign with Jets.
Dec 1, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
A break from the NHL might be what he needed.
Nov 15, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Actually he’s playing hockey for them. That and more of this morning’s links ahead.
May 30, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
The legendary blueliner is reportedly retiring on Thursday. Here’s a look at some of his most unique accomplishments…
May 1, 2012, 10:31 AM EDT
“The guy is under contract. End of discussion.”
May 1, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
And we’re not talking about a Rolling Stones song either. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 30, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Ak Bars Kazan reportedly making waves…
Dec 17, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
The Jets are in the playoff hunt, so why not float a crazy idea? Idle speculation is fun.
Dec 7, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
Cagey vet doesn’t care for youngster’s yappy ways.
Oct 18, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
Kris Letang could be the first player to catch Brendan Shanahan’s ire in the regular season thanks to his boarding penalty against Winnipeg.
Oct 17, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
On Monday night, the Winnipeg Jets won their first NHL game in 15 years with a 2-1 victory over Pittsburgh.
Oct 3, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
How will the Jets’ first year in Winnipeg since 1995 pan out? Check out this Dustin Byfuglien-sized 2011-12 season preview to find out.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:27 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets first round pick Mark Scheifele made such a good impression in training camp that the team signed him up for his three-year entry-level contract.
Sep 4, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
The Thrashers move to Winnipeg might be tricky for some players, but for Jets youngster Alex Burmistrov he thinks he’ll fit right in there.
Dec 4, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
With a Penguins win over the Blue Jackets and a regulation loss by the Capitals against the Thrashers, Pittsburgh and Washington find themselves tied atop the Eastern Conference. Sidney Crosby scored two goals, giving him a league leading 23 on the season.
Alex Burmistrov narrowly edges Andreas Nodl, Henrik Zetterberg for Goal of the Week (November 15-21)
Nov 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Alex Burmistrov didn’t win by much, but he just squeaked by Andreas Nodl and Henrik Zetterberg to earn the November 15-21 goal of the week award.
Nov 20, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Check out Atlanta Thrashers forward Alex Burmistrov’s outstanding salt-in-the-wound goal from last night’s 5-0 over the Washington Capitals after the jump.
Oct 27, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Should the Atlanta Thrashers keep Alex Burmistrov at the NHL level and lose one of his bargain entry-level contract years?
Oct 23, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
NHL general managers make a ton of tough decisions, but one of the toughest involve how to handle young talent. In a salary cap era, you have to get plenty of bang for the buck, as many teams reap the benefits of a player’s entry-level contract years or a well-timed second contract. This time around,…
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 3
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 25
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 36
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)