Aug 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
He’s a restricted free agent who could be poached. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 30, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Deal netted them Jordan Eberle, among others.
Sep 27, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
The Sabres got under the salary cap in the modern old fashioned way: By sending two fat contracts to the AHL.
Sep 24, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
40 players were placed on waivers today and amongst them were a pair of Buffalo Sabres that will help the team get under the salary cap.
Sep 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Virtually all the Sabres starting forward spots are spoken for except for one and there are four guys in the hunt for it. Who has the edge?
Aug 27, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Ales Kotalik is glad to be back in Buffalo … if he can stay there, that is.
Aug 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Sabres GM Darcy Regier says the team is looking to get under the salary cap by making a trade. But who is on the trade block?
Jul 19, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Andrej Sekera is avoiding arbitration in Buffalo and getting a nice four-year, $11 million deal to do so. Now the Sabres have some salary cap questions to answer.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
After the free wheeling and spending the Caps and Sabres have done this offseason, they find themselves in a salary cap bind and a few of their own players to retain. So what happens now?
Jun 25, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
Calgary got busy on day two of the NHL draft finalizing their trade of Robyn Regehr to Buffalo and signing Alex Tanguay to a five-year extension.
Feb 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Senators claimed Marek Svatos to help fill the void left by the Alexei Kovalev deal, while Nikolai Zherdev and yesterday’s other waived players went unclaimed.
Feb 23, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Here’s a round-up of players who were placed on waivers today: Nikolai Zherdev, Craig Rivet, Marek Svatos, Ales Kotalik and Jeremy Colliton.
Ales Kotalik clears waivers, sent to AHL’s Abbotsford Heat; Can Jay Feaster clean up Calgary’s mess?
Jan 28, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
To the surprise of just about no one, Ales Kotalik cleared waivers today. Will this be the beginning of a much-needed Flames renovation?
Jan 27, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
The Flames placed Ales Kotalik and his $3 million on waivers today.
Nov 17, 2010, 5:09 PM EDT
A trade from out of the blue always spices the day up nicely. Today, the Carolina Hurricanes traded defenseman Anton Babchuk and forward Tom Kostopolous to the Calgary Flames for defenseman Ian White and young forward Brett Sutter. Sutter we’ve heard plenty about of late after his legal wranglings after allegedly assaulting a taxi cab…
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)