Aug 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
He’s a restricted free agent who could be poached. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 30, 2011, 2:40 PM EST
Deal netted them Jordan Eberle, among others.
Sep 27, 2011, 11:14 AM EST
The Sabres got under the salary cap in the modern old fashioned way: By sending two fat contracts to the AHL.
Sep 24, 2011, 2:42 PM EST
40 players were placed on waivers today and amongst them were a pair of Buffalo Sabres that will help the team get under the salary cap.
Sep 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EST
Virtually all the Sabres starting forward spots are spoken for except for one and there are four guys in the hunt for it. Who has the edge?
Aug 27, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Ales Kotalik is glad to be back in Buffalo … if he can stay there, that is.
Aug 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Sabres GM Darcy Regier says the team is looking to get under the salary cap by making a trade. But who is on the trade block?
Jul 19, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Andrej Sekera is avoiding arbitration in Buffalo and getting a nice four-year, $11 million deal to do so. Now the Sabres have some salary cap questions to answer.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:59 AM EST
After the free wheeling and spending the Caps and Sabres have done this offseason, they find themselves in a salary cap bind and a few of their own players to retain. So what happens now?
Jun 25, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
Calgary got busy on day two of the NHL draft finalizing their trade of Robyn Regehr to Buffalo and signing Alex Tanguay to a five-year extension.
Feb 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EST
The Senators claimed Marek Svatos to help fill the void left by the Alexei Kovalev deal, while Nikolai Zherdev and yesterday’s other waived players went unclaimed.
Feb 23, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Here’s a round-up of players who were placed on waivers today: Nikolai Zherdev, Craig Rivet, Marek Svatos, Ales Kotalik and Jeremy Colliton.
Ales Kotalik clears waivers, sent to AHL’s Abbotsford Heat; Can Jay Feaster clean up Calgary’s mess?
Jan 28, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
To the surprise of just about no one, Ales Kotalik cleared waivers today. Will this be the beginning of a much-needed Flames renovation?
Jan 27, 2011, 8:52 PM EST
The Flames placed Ales Kotalik and his $3 million on waivers today.
Nov 17, 2010, 5:09 PM EST
A trade from out of the blue always spices the day up nicely. Today, the Carolina Hurricanes traded defenseman Anton Babchuk and forward Tom Kostopolous to the Calgary Flames for defenseman Ian White and young forward Brett Sutter. Sutter we’ve heard plenty about of late after his legal wranglings after allegedly assaulting a taxi cab…
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 12
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 52
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)