Aug 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
He’s a restricted free agent who could be poached. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 30, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
Deal netted them Jordan Eberle, among others.
Sep 27, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
The Sabres got under the salary cap in the modern old fashioned way: By sending two fat contracts to the AHL.
Sep 24, 2011, 2:42 PM EDT
40 players were placed on waivers today and amongst them were a pair of Buffalo Sabres that will help the team get under the salary cap.
Sep 18, 2011, 11:01 AM EDT
Virtually all the Sabres starting forward spots are spoken for except for one and there are four guys in the hunt for it. Who has the edge?
Aug 27, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Ales Kotalik is glad to be back in Buffalo … if he can stay there, that is.
Aug 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Sabres GM Darcy Regier says the team is looking to get under the salary cap by making a trade. But who is on the trade block?
Jul 19, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Andrej Sekera is avoiding arbitration in Buffalo and getting a nice four-year, $11 million deal to do so. Now the Sabres have some salary cap questions to answer.
Jul 3, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
After the free wheeling and spending the Caps and Sabres have done this offseason, they find themselves in a salary cap bind and a few of their own players to retain. So what happens now?
Jun 25, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
Calgary got busy on day two of the NHL draft finalizing their trade of Robyn Regehr to Buffalo and signing Alex Tanguay to a five-year extension.
Feb 24, 2011, 2:16 PM EDT
The Senators claimed Marek Svatos to help fill the void left by the Alexei Kovalev deal, while Nikolai Zherdev and yesterday’s other waived players went unclaimed.
Feb 23, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Here’s a round-up of players who were placed on waivers today: Nikolai Zherdev, Craig Rivet, Marek Svatos, Ales Kotalik and Jeremy Colliton.
Ales Kotalik clears waivers, sent to AHL’s Abbotsford Heat; Can Jay Feaster clean up Calgary’s mess?
Jan 28, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
To the surprise of just about no one, Ales Kotalik cleared waivers today. Will this be the beginning of a much-needed Flames renovation?
Jan 27, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
The Flames placed Ales Kotalik and his $3 million on waivers today.
Nov 17, 2010, 5:09 PM EDT
A trade from out of the blue always spices the day up nicely. Today, the Carolina Hurricanes traded defenseman Anton Babchuk and forward Tom Kostopolous to the Calgary Flames for defenseman Ian White and young forward Brett Sutter. Sutter we’ve heard plenty about of late after his legal wranglings after allegedly assaulting a taxi cab…
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)