Feb 4, 2012, 1:37 PM EST
The Oilers’ best trade chip kinda likes it where he is.
Jan 24, 2012, 1:58 PM EST
Sharks defenseman won’t play tonight against Calgary.
Jan 24, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
Returning to Phoenix won’t go over too well for Turris. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jan 20, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
Buffalo’s Drew Stafford and Derek Roy top the list.
Jan 17, 2012, 4:51 PM EST
Stars, Kings, Panthers and Sabres in the mix as well.
Dec 29, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
It’s almost like you can write a song about the Blues coach. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 28, 2011, 8:56 AM EST
With teams able to make deals again, here’s a quick hit list of who might be on the move.
Dec 12, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
The parallels between Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux are getting to be a bit much. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 9, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
Hockey stick, that is.
Nov 30, 2011, 5:27 PM EST
One point in 20 games? Really?
Nov 8, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
Good news Oilers fans, Ales Hemsky is back. Bad news Oilers fans, Magnus Paajarvi has the sophomore slump nailed down.
Oct 16, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
There are some things you come to expect in life: Death, taxes, and Ales Hemsky being banged up. Sunrise, sunset…
Oct 13, 2011, 11:34 PM EST
Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky left tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild and did not return due to a sore shoulder. To add insult to injury (literally), the Oil lost in a shootout.
Oct 10, 2011, 12:01 AM EST
2011 #1 pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins got his career off to a nice start scoring a goal in his first game.
Aug 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Edmonton Oilers decided it was best to hold onto Ales Hemsky at the deadline last season. But if they’re in the same situation next year, will they part with the future unrestricted free agent?
Jul 20, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Sure, it’s early, but if you’re wondering which players might be the big fish of free agency in 2012, this post provides the pending unrestricted free agents for next year.
Jul 5, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
After years as cellar dwellers, the Oilers hope to begin their turnaround next season. A healthy Ales Hemsky would help improve their chances, but he needs to recover from two shoulder surgeries to make that happen.
Mar 3, 2011, 3:35 PM EST
Ho, hum: another Ales Hemsky injury. This time it’s a left shoulder ailment that could keep him out 2-3 weeks.
Feb 25, 2011, 11:45 AM EST
With so many deals already having been made leading up to this year’s trade deadline, we’ve got a list of five others who might still be on the move before Monday at 3 p.m. ET
Feb 22, 2011, 5:12 PM EST
The Kings have come a long way by taking a slow and steady approach, but is it time for GM Dean Lombardi to be bold?
Feb 21, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
Antti Niemi was the NHL’s #1 star of the week followed by Johan Hedberg and Ales Hemsky. The Sharks improved play out West is being carried
Feb 14, 2011, 11:31 PM EST
Is this years Edmonton Oilers team the worst one in franchise history? Thoughts are turning that way in northern Alberta.
Feb 12, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
The Senators ended their 11-game losing streak with a win against the Oilers, while possible trade targets Alex Kovalev, Ales Hemsky and Dustin Penner all did well in the game.
Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
The Oilers once again ready themselves for the return of talented but oft-injured winger Ales Hemsky.
Jan 24, 2011, 3:26 PM EST
Two more players will miss the All-Star Game Weekend, as injuries will keep Oilers forwards Ales Hemsky and Jordan Eberle out of the festivities.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)