Nov 14, 2011, 11:21 AM EDT
The Avalanche took a month into the season to pick a captain and made a choice that longtime Avs fans will appreciate.
Sep 9, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
The Avalanche have everyone back in the fold now that Kyle Cumiskey is back on board for another year.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Nov 25, 2010, 12:10 AM EDT
On only his second game back from a knee injury, Craig Anderson left tonight’s game against the Canucks with a groin injury. Adam Foote also didn’t finish tonight’s contest for Colorado.
Nov 9, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
With Kyle Quincey now the fourth Avalanche player out of the lineup with a concussion, the Avs roster takes on a distinctly Boston University identity.
Oct 24, 2010, 12:12 AM EDT
While the Avalanche are already dealing with a concussion to captain Adam Foote, the man who was meant to step up and supply more of that physical play is dealing with troubles of his own now. During the Avalanche’s 6-4 loss to the Los Angeles Kings, defenseman Scott Hannan left the game in the second…
Oct 22, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche are going to have to make due without defenseman and captain Adam Foote for an undetermined amount of time thanks to a concussion. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater has the story on what’s going on with Foote. The 39-year-old defenseman suffered the injury at the end of the first period Thursday night…
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)