Nov 14, 2011, 11:21 AM EST
The Avalanche took a month into the season to pick a captain and made a choice that longtime Avs fans will appreciate.
Sep 9, 2011, 4:35 PM EST
The Avalanche have everyone back in the fold now that Kyle Cumiskey is back on board for another year.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Nov 25, 2010, 12:10 AM EST
On only his second game back from a knee injury, Craig Anderson left tonight’s game against the Canucks with a groin injury. Adam Foote also didn’t finish tonight’s contest for Colorado.
Nov 9, 2010, 5:27 PM EST
With Kyle Quincey now the fourth Avalanche player out of the lineup with a concussion, the Avs roster takes on a distinctly Boston University identity.
Oct 24, 2010, 12:12 AM EST
While the Avalanche are already dealing with a concussion to captain Adam Foote, the man who was meant to step up and supply more of that physical play is dealing with troubles of his own now. During the Avalanche’s 6-4 loss to the Los Angeles Kings, defenseman Scott Hannan left the game in the second…
Oct 22, 2010, 5:17 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche are going to have to make due without defenseman and captain Adam Foote for an undetermined amount of time thanks to a concussion. The Denver Post’s Adrian Dater has the story on what’s going on with Foote. The 39-year-old defenseman suffered the injury at the end of the first period Thursday night…
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 37
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28