2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp
Sep 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Shallow nets are a potential change coming to the NHL, and we got our first look at them during last night’s Leafs-Senators game. So how did they work? We’re diggin’ them.
Aug 18, 2011, 8:27 PM EST
Many people in the hockey world find the goalie trapezoid to be a silly post-lockout rule change, but Brendan Shanahan didn’t notice a big difference when it was removed during the 2011 NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp.
Aug 18, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
One change the NHL’s general managers aren’t too keen on is changing the rules on how icing is called. Let us tell you why hybrid icing is the way of the future.
Aug 18, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
The first change to come out of the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp could be to cut down on the depth of the netting and to add a verification line to help replays.
Oren Koules contemplates future NHL ownership while son participates in Research and Development Camp
Aug 17, 2011, 10:30 PM EST
Former Tampa Bay owner Oren Koules was in Toronto for the Research Development and Orientation in support of his son Miles Koules; but it sounds like he may have had another reason for being at the camp as well.
Aug 17, 2011, 8:18 PM EST
One of the potential rule changes the NHL is taking a look at is modifying the Delayed Penalty Rule. Would it be better for a team to be required to gain possession and clear the zone when trying to kill a delayed penalty?
Aug 17, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
Dan Bylsma had an interesting way of testing the advantages that come with icing being called on penalty killing squads while Bruce Boudreau provided his insight on that tactic and how teams would handle the rule in general.
Aug 17, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
Here’s our first update on the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp. This post includes discussion of curved glass next to player benches, a green goal verification line, a tweak to faceoffs and Wednesday’s schedule of events. Stay tuned for more updates throughout today and tomorrow.
Aug 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
The US version of NHL Network will carry TSN’s “That’s Hockey” program during the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)