2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp
Sep 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Shallow nets are a potential change coming to the NHL, and we got our first look at them during last night’s Leafs-Senators game. So how did they work? We’re diggin’ them.
Aug 18, 2011, 8:27 PM EDT
Many people in the hockey world find the goalie trapezoid to be a silly post-lockout rule change, but Brendan Shanahan didn’t notice a big difference when it was removed during the 2011 NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp.
Aug 18, 2011, 6:41 PM EDT
One change the NHL’s general managers aren’t too keen on is changing the rules on how icing is called. Let us tell you why hybrid icing is the way of the future.
Aug 18, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
The first change to come out of the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp could be to cut down on the depth of the netting and to add a verification line to help replays.
Oren Koules contemplates future NHL ownership while son participates in Research and Development Camp
Aug 17, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
Former Tampa Bay owner Oren Koules was in Toronto for the Research Development and Orientation in support of his son Miles Koules; but it sounds like he may have had another reason for being at the camp as well.
Aug 17, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
One of the potential rule changes the NHL is taking a look at is modifying the Delayed Penalty Rule. Would it be better for a team to be required to gain possession and clear the zone when trying to kill a delayed penalty?
Aug 17, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Dan Bylsma had an interesting way of testing the advantages that come with icing being called on penalty killing squads while Bruce Boudreau provided his insight on that tactic and how teams would handle the rule in general.
Aug 17, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
Here’s our first update on the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp. This post includes discussion of curved glass next to player benches, a green goal verification line, a tweak to faceoffs and Wednesday’s schedule of events. Stay tuned for more updates throughout today and tomorrow.
Aug 16, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
The US version of NHL Network will carry TSN’s “That’s Hockey” program during the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)