2011 NHL Entry Draft
Sep 24, 2011, 10:23 PM EST
Brandon Saad’s impressive preseason performances might make it tough for the Blackhawks to send him back to the junior level.
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
It’s unclear if 2011’s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
Aug 28, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
A lot has been made of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins needing to add weight to his frame in order to make it in the NHL, but Jim Matheson and others wonder if he’s struggling with the extra bulk.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
Jul 12, 2011, 1:58 PM EST
Devils’ first round pick Adam Larsson hopes to play at the NHL level next season.
Jun 20, 2011, 3:27 PM EST
With two picks low in the first round and an ever-present willingness to make big deals, Brian Burke said that the Toronto Maple Leafs “do not intend to be an idle bystander” on draft day or July 1.
Jun 4, 2011, 11:48 AM EST
Leafs GM Brian Burke hopes to move up the first round ladder by packaging one of his two first rounders and his second round pick for a higher first rounder.
Jun 4, 2011, 12:40 AM EST
Gabriel Landeskog and Adam Larsson kept themselves in the discussion to become the top pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft with strong workouts during the 2011 Draft Combine. Read this post for more on them and other workout warriors.
Apr 12, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
The 2011 NHL Entry Draft Lottery will take place tonight at 8 pm ET on Versus. Who could end up with the top pick and which prospects are getting the most attention? This post has some of those answers.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46