2011 NHL Entry Draft
Sep 24, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Brandon Saad’s impressive preseason performances might make it tough for the Blackhawks to send him back to the junior level.
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
It’s unclear if 2011’s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
Aug 28, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
A lot has been made of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins needing to add weight to his frame in order to make it in the NHL, but Jim Matheson and others wonder if he’s struggling with the extra bulk.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
Jul 12, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Devils’ first round pick Adam Larsson hopes to play at the NHL level next season.
Jun 20, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
With two picks low in the first round and an ever-present willingness to make big deals, Brian Burke said that the Toronto Maple Leafs “do not intend to be an idle bystander” on draft day or July 1.
Jun 4, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
Leafs GM Brian Burke hopes to move up the first round ladder by packaging one of his two first rounders and his second round pick for a higher first rounder.
Jun 4, 2011, 12:40 AM EDT
Gabriel Landeskog and Adam Larsson kept themselves in the discussion to become the top pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft with strong workouts during the 2011 Draft Combine. Read this post for more on them and other workout warriors.
Apr 12, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
The 2011 NHL Entry Draft Lottery will take place tonight at 8 pm ET on Versus. Who could end up with the top pick and which prospects are getting the most attention? This post has some of those answers.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)