2011 NHL Entry Draft
Sep 24, 2011, 10:23 PM EST
Brandon Saad’s impressive preseason performances might make it tough for the Blackhawks to send him back to the junior level.
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
It’s unclear if 2011′s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
Aug 28, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
A lot has been made of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins needing to add weight to his frame in order to make it in the NHL, but Jim Matheson and others wonder if he’s struggling with the extra bulk.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
Jul 12, 2011, 1:58 PM EST
Devils’ first round pick Adam Larsson hopes to play at the NHL level next season.
Jun 20, 2011, 3:27 PM EST
With two picks low in the first round and an ever-present willingness to make big deals, Brian Burke said that the Toronto Maple Leafs “do not intend to be an idle bystander” on draft day or July 1.
Jun 4, 2011, 11:48 AM EST
Leafs GM Brian Burke hopes to move up the first round ladder by packaging one of his two first rounders and his second round pick for a higher first rounder.
Jun 4, 2011, 12:40 AM EST
Gabriel Landeskog and Adam Larsson kept themselves in the discussion to become the top pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft with strong workouts during the 2011 Draft Combine. Read this post for more on them and other workout warriors.
Apr 12, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
The 2011 NHL Entry Draft Lottery will take place tonight at 8 pm ET on Versus. Who could end up with the top pick and which prospects are getting the most attention? This post has some of those answers.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)