2011 NHL Entry Draft
Sep 24, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Brandon Saad’s impressive preseason performances might make it tough for the Blackhawks to send him back to the junior level.
Sep 17, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
It’s unclear if 2011′s 12th overall pick Ryan Murphy can make an immediate jump to the NHL with the Hurricanes, but the team has the incentive to give him a shot now that they signed him to an entry-level contract.
Aug 28, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
A lot has been made of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins needing to add weight to his frame in order to make it in the NHL, but Jim Matheson and others wonder if he’s struggling with the extra bulk.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
Jul 12, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Devils’ first round pick Adam Larsson hopes to play at the NHL level next season.
Jun 20, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
With two picks low in the first round and an ever-present willingness to make big deals, Brian Burke said that the Toronto Maple Leafs “do not intend to be an idle bystander” on draft day or July 1.
Jun 4, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
Leafs GM Brian Burke hopes to move up the first round ladder by packaging one of his two first rounders and his second round pick for a higher first rounder.
Jun 4, 2011, 12:40 AM EDT
Gabriel Landeskog and Adam Larsson kept themselves in the discussion to become the top pick of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft with strong workouts during the 2011 Draft Combine. Read this post for more on them and other workout warriors.
Apr 12, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
The 2011 NHL Entry Draft Lottery will take place tonight at 8 pm ET on Versus. Who could end up with the top pick and which prospects are getting the most attention? This post has some of those answers.
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)