2011 IIHF World Championships
Sep 13, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
The Predators aren’t a very noticeable team when it comes to goal scoring. Can prospect Craig Smith be the guy to change all that or is it just a solid kid showing off in rookie camp?
Jul 26, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
You may have gotten to know Craig Smith during the 2011 IIHF World Championships, and now you’ll get to know him with the Nashville Predators.
May 6, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
Ty Conklin made 48 saves for the United States, but Canada eventually got the best of him in a shootout. Check out this recap for the rundown plus an update on the 2011 World Championships standings.
Apr 30, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek is in a Bratislava hospital after suffering injuries thanks to a wicked hit during the World Championships in Slovakia today.
Apr 30, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
The U.S. team earned a 5-1 win against Austria in its 2011 IIHF World Championships opener.
Apr 28, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
The 2011 NHL playoffs aren’t the only great hockey tournament going on in April and May. Versus will cover the 75th Annual Men’s International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) World Championships starting on April 30.
Mar 29, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
The late February earthquake in Japan will force the team to pull all hockey teams from the 2011 IIHF World Championship qualifying games.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 24
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 2
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)