2011 IIHF World Championships
Sep 13, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
The Predators aren’t a very noticeable team when it comes to goal scoring. Can prospect Craig Smith be the guy to change all that or is it just a solid kid showing off in rookie camp?
Jul 26, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
You may have gotten to know Craig Smith during the 2011 IIHF World Championships, and now you’ll get to know him with the Nashville Predators.
May 6, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
Ty Conklin made 48 saves for the United States, but Canada eventually got the best of him in a shootout. Check out this recap for the rundown plus an update on the 2011 World Championships standings.
Apr 30, 2011, 9:37 PM EDT
Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek is in a Bratislava hospital after suffering injuries thanks to a wicked hit during the World Championships in Slovakia today.
Apr 30, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
The U.S. team earned a 5-1 win against Austria in its 2011 IIHF World Championships opener.
Apr 28, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
The 2011 NHL playoffs aren’t the only great hockey tournament going on in April and May. Versus will cover the 75th Annual Men’s International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) World Championships starting on April 30.
Mar 29, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
The late February earthquake in Japan will force the team to pull all hockey teams from the 2011 IIHF World Championship qualifying games.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 50
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)