2011 free agency
Jul 2, 2011, 2:06 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr explains why he chose the Philadelphia Flyers over the Pittsburgh Penguins and other suitors … and he claims it’s not all about money.
Jul 2, 2011, 12:41 PM EST
The Lightning now have eight defensemen after signing Matt Gilroy to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Jul 2, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
Maybe we should have seen this coming the whole time: the Rangers spend huge again to land a free agent, as Brad Richards accepted their gaudy nine-year, $60 million offer. This post examines the pros and cons of that deal.
Jul 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
The Canadiens added another American to their lineup, locking up Erik Cole to a four-year, $18 million deal.
Jul 1, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
After adding Joel Ward and Roman Hamrlik, the Capitals took another step toward being the playoff-proven team that critics demand.
Jul 1, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
The Avalanche traded their 2012 first round pick and a conditional second rounder to the Capitals for Semyon Varlamov’s negotiating rights. This post takes a look at the impact of this deal for both teams as well as how this changes the free agent goalie market.
Jul 1, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
The Panthers’ desperation to reach the $48 million salary cap floor continues to be evident after they gave Scottie Upshall a silly four-year, $14 million deal.
Jul 1, 2011, 12:53 PM EST
The Devils re-signed Andy Greene for four years today.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:51 AM EST
Today’s free agent frenzy should be fun, but what if Zdeno Chara, Joe Thornton, Alex Semin and Patrice Bergeron were available?
Jun 28, 2011, 5:26 PM EST
The Hurricanes handed their top defenseman Joni Pitkanen to a three-year, $13.5 million contract extension today.
Jun 28, 2011, 11:48 AM EST
The Lightning made some small decisions today, bringing back Marc-Andre Bergeron and Adam Hall.
Jun 27, 2011, 10:22 PM EST
Earlier today, we shared the most relevant unrestricted free agents. Now let’s take a look at the top restricted ones.
Jun 27, 2011, 9:57 AM EST
2011 free agency is almost upon us. Here are the top 100 forwards, 50 defensemen and 20 goalies available as unrestricted free agents.
Jun 19, 2011, 10:16 PM EST
The Lightning and Steven Stamkos are in an unusual contract situation. That being said, if they’re going to try to duplicate any other star’s deal, they should lean toward Sidney Crosby’s contract rather than Alex Ovechkin’s lengthy pact.
Jun 19, 2011, 8:29 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning could deal with all kinds of headaches if Steven Stamkos becomes a restricted free agent on July 1. Click “Read More” for some nightmare scenarios.
Jun 4, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
With new owner Terry Pegula in place, the Sabres could makeover their roster this summer. Before they do that, they must decide which free agents will come and which ones will go, though.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
A shaky ownership situation will probably prohibit the Dallas Stars from offering Brad Richards a new contract. Read this post for the details, including the possibility of trading his exclusive negotiating rights.
May 29, 2011, 9:21 PM EST
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren wouldn’t get into specifics about how the team will improve its goaltending while remaining under the salary cap. Interestingly enough, he didn’t totally shoot down the possibility of trading Jeff Carter, either.
May 24, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
Sorry nostalgic hockey fans: Jaromir Jagr’s agent said he’s not considering offers from NHL teams at this time.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)