2011 free agency
Jul 2, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr explains why he chose the Philadelphia Flyers over the Pittsburgh Penguins and other suitors … and he claims it’s not all about money.
Jul 2, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
The Lightning now have eight defensemen after signing Matt Gilroy to a one-year, $1 million contract.
Jul 2, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
Maybe we should have seen this coming the whole time: the Rangers spend huge again to land a free agent, as Brad Richards accepted their gaudy nine-year, $60 million offer. This post examines the pros and cons of that deal.
Jul 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
The Canadiens added another American to their lineup, locking up Erik Cole to a four-year, $18 million deal.
Jul 1, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
After adding Joel Ward and Roman Hamrlik, the Capitals took another step toward being the playoff-proven team that critics demand.
Jul 1, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
The Avalanche traded their 2012 first round pick and a conditional second rounder to the Capitals for Semyon Varlamov’s negotiating rights. This post takes a look at the impact of this deal for both teams as well as how this changes the free agent goalie market.
Jul 1, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
The Panthers’ desperation to reach the $48 million salary cap floor continues to be evident after they gave Scottie Upshall a silly four-year, $14 million deal.
Jul 1, 2011, 12:53 PM EDT
The Devils re-signed Andy Greene for four years today.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
Today’s free agent frenzy should be fun, but what if Zdeno Chara, Joe Thornton, Alex Semin and Patrice Bergeron were available?
Jun 28, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
The Hurricanes handed their top defenseman Joni Pitkanen to a three-year, $13.5 million contract extension today.
Jun 28, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
The Lightning made some small decisions today, bringing back Marc-Andre Bergeron and Adam Hall.
Jun 27, 2011, 10:22 PM EDT
Earlier today, we shared the most relevant unrestricted free agents. Now let’s take a look at the top restricted ones.
Jun 27, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT
2011 free agency is almost upon us. Here are the top 100 forwards, 50 defensemen and 20 goalies available as unrestricted free agents.
Jun 19, 2011, 10:16 PM EDT
The Lightning and Steven Stamkos are in an unusual contract situation. That being said, if they’re going to try to duplicate any other star’s deal, they should lean toward Sidney Crosby’s contract rather than Alex Ovechkin’s lengthy pact.
Jun 19, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning could deal with all kinds of headaches if Steven Stamkos becomes a restricted free agent on July 1. Click “Read More” for some nightmare scenarios.
Jun 4, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
With new owner Terry Pegula in place, the Sabres could makeover their roster this summer. Before they do that, they must decide which free agents will come and which ones will go, though.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
A shaky ownership situation will probably prohibit the Dallas Stars from offering Brad Richards a new contract. Read this post for the details, including the possibility of trading his exclusive negotiating rights.
May 29, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren wouldn’t get into specifics about how the team will improve its goaltending while remaining under the salary cap. Interestingly enough, he didn’t totally shoot down the possibility of trading Jeff Carter, either.
May 24, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Sorry nostalgic hockey fans: Jaromir Jagr’s agent said he’s not considering offers from NHL teams at this time.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)