Apr 1, 2012, 12:07 AM EDT
Mike Smith now has back-to-back shutouts.
Apr 9, 2011, 6:38 AM EDT
Joe Thornton becomes the 78th player in NHL history to rack up 1000 career points. You know what they say, the first 1,000 are always the easiest.
Nov 24, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
Now that Alex Kovalev and Daniel Alfredsson hit the 1,000 point mark, who might be the next European to reach that plateau? Likely candidates include Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Hossa … and the Sedin twins.
Nov 22, 2010, 10:35 PM EDT
It’s time to tip your cap to a superstar tonight as Alex Kovalev became the 76th player in NHL history to earn 1,000 points in his career. In the first period, Kovalev put home a rebound of a tipped Sergei Gonchar shot for a first period goal. The fans in Ottawa saluted Kovalev with a…
Oct 22, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
Much like eating a Reese’s, there’s really no wrong way for an NHL player to reach his 1,000th point. That being said, it makes it that much more special if a player can do it in style. Daniel Alfredsson capped a great performance – and highlighted a fantastic career – by scoring an empty net…
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45