Results matching “raffi torres”
Jun 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Last night’s Game 1 has given us a lot to chew on and not all of it is Patrice Bergeron’s glove.
Jun 2, 2011, 1:34 AM EDT
Check out some post-game reactions from both sides of the Bruins-Canucks Game 1 match in the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
Jun 2, 2011, 12:08 AM EDT
Both teams have negatives and positives to take from Game 1, but it’s tough not to wonder how much we really learned about this Bruins-Canucks series after a strange first set.
Jun 1, 2011, 11:04 PM EDT
Raffi Torres scored with less than 19 seconds left to give Vancouver a 1-0 Game 1 win and 1-0 series lead.
Jun 1, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Which Bruins and Canucks are most likely to be considered “villains” in the 2011 Stanley Cup finals? Here are prime candidates from each team.
Jun 1, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
It appears that Colin Campbell will be out as the league disciplinarian and former NHL star Brendan Shanahan will be taking his place as the league disciplinarian.
May 30, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
It’s been a long time since the Canucks (’94) and Bruins (’90) last made it to the Stanley Cup finals, so the question is: are they built to avoid a similar drought after this run?
May 23, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
While Joe Thornton declared that he was going to play Game 5 no matter what, now his coach is expecting him to suit up as well.
May 23, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Five thoughts today looks through the job the Sedins are doing to take advantage of a weaker defense while we wonder aloud about where in the world has Dany Heatley been.
May 23, 2011, 1:53 AM EDT
While the Sharks have no official update on Joe Thornton’s condition after getting banged up thanks to a hit from Raffi Torres, Thornton’s playing doctor for himself.
May 22, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
The Sharks and Canucks switched roles from Game 3 to Game 4, as special teams fueled Vancouver’s 4-2 win. San Jose finds themselves down 3-1 in the series with their captain Joe Thornton’s health in question.
May 22, 2011, 4:15 PM EDT
The Canucks survived three penalties in the first period, but will give the Sharks another two minute man advantage to start the second. This post recaps the ups and downs of a scoreless opening frame.
May 19, 2011, 1:04 AM EDT
Vancouver dominated in Game 2 earning a 7-3 win over a Sharks team that looked slow, frustrated, and dumb all at once.
May 16, 2011, 6:49 PM EDT
The Sharks are hoping for more from three players in particular: Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. How realistic are those requests, though?
May 10, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Eric Lindros is a guy that knows a thing or two about concussions and he says the NHL’s rule changes have made it more dangerous for concussions.
May 8, 2011, 12:04 AM EDT
Ryan Kesler continues his star/villain turn for the Canucks, but he made way for a co-star tonight, as Joel Ward powered the Predators’ 4-3 win with an outstanding (and surprising) performance.
Apr 25, 2011, 11:12 PM EDT
Canucks GM Mike Gillis called out the officiating in his team’s series against the Blackhawks, pointing out Chicago’s 27-16 advantage in power play opportunities.
Apr 25, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Canucks GM Mike Gillis is upset about Bryan Bickell’s hit on Kevin Bieksa that went unpenalized.
Apr 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Today’s Five Thoughts center around Alain Vigneault’s wild gamble to go with Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo in Game 6. We’ll also hit on the charmed life of Ben Smith and give our take on a pair of bad hits from yesterday.
Apr 24, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
The NHLPA isn’t happy about Colin Campbell’s explanation beyond the Raffi Torres non-suspension and hopes to close up the baffling behind the net loophole.
Apr 24, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
The Blackhawks hope to send their series to an unexpected Game 7 by beating the Canucks again tonight. Brent Seabrook hopes to help them out by returning to action.
Apr 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Today’s Five Thoughts focuses in on Chicago’s heart of a champion and Vancouver’s ability to look oddly like Canucks teams from the last two years.
Apr 22, 2011, 2:24 AM EDT
The Blackhawks are trying to be the fourth team in NHL history to come back from a 3-0 series deficit, but the 2010 Flyers accomplished that goal last year. This post breaks down Chicago’s chances and how their series compares to that Philly turnaround.
Apr 22, 2011, 1:29 AM EDT
The Blackhawks have embarrassed Roberto Luongo and the Canucks for two straight games, bringing Vancouver’s series lead down to 3-2. Read all about their 5-0 win in this post.
Apr 21, 2011, 6:40 PM EDT
The Blackhawks made some believers in Game 4, but if they want to stay alive in their series against the Canucks, Chicago must win without Brent Seabrook tonight.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 0
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 12
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins