Results matching “montreal canadiens”
Oct 23, 2011, 12:43 PM EDT
This should fix everything.
Oct 23, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
The Canadiens are off to a horrid start and those sorts of things don’t fly in Montreal. Is it time for Jacques Martin to go?
Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
It’s looking like Mike Cammalleri will be back for Montreal tonight against Pittsburgh. Just in time to give the Penguins nightmares all over again.
Oct 18, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
With his team off to a 1-2-1 start, Pernell Karl Subban (one assist, minus-3) has been hearing it from the Habs faithful.
Oct 12, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Keith Jones thinks that the Canadiens might need a “miracle” to overcome yet another season full of tough injury issues. If nothing else, the team will lean that much more on budding stars Carey Price and P.K. Subban.
Oct 9, 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
The Habs have enough injury problems as it is but now they’ll get to add a couple more names to the list of skating wounded in Mike Cammalleri and Jaroslav Spacek.
Oct 9, 2011, 7:56 PM EDT
The party to welcome Winnipeg back to the NHL came to a quick halt as the Canadiens dumped the Jets viciously in Manitoba.
Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Today’s waiver wire fun sees Sean Avery going unclaimed and Blair Betts being plucked by the Canadiens after being waived by Philadelphia.
Sep 28, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
The Canadiens could be a dark horse candidate to win the Northeast Division because of their reasonable schedule – even if they’ll travel more than their rivals.
Sep 26, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Perhaps the worries about Andrei Markov’s knee are a bit stronger as the Montreal Canadiens have signed Chris Campoli to a one year deal.
Sep 23, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Life has been miserable for Scott Gomez in Montreal. He hopes that he can kick off his newest season the right way and make it last.
Aug 15, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
In need of some insurance on the blue line, the Canadiens added former Stars and Blues defenseman Jeff Woywitka.
Jul 22, 2011, 10:47 PM EDT
Montreal’s defensive corps shapes up a bit better now that they’ve got Josh Gorges back in the fold for one more year.
Jul 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Erik Cole braved the Montreal media for the first time and did his best to win over fans and reporters by saying, “I am proud to play for a team that has such passionate fans…” in French.
Jul 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
The Canadiens added another American to their lineup, locking up Erik Cole to a four-year, $18 million deal.
Jun 29, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Columbus is putting themselves into position to sign impending free agent James Wisniewski after trading with Montreal for his rights.
Jun 28, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Montreal police want to speak with Zdeno Chara about his controversial hit on Max Pacioretty.
Jun 9, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT
A few teams settled up with free agents-to-be today including Montreal, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis.
Jun 5, 2011, 12:07 PM EDT
Being down 2-0 in the Stanley Cup finals is a big deal for the Boston Bruins, but they’ve been in this spot before in these playoffs and they can look to the Pittsburgh Penguins to draw on inspiration as well.
May 31, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
The Canadiens are keeping 6’7″ defenseman Hal Gill around for one more year and P.K. Subban is the guy that could benefit most from it.
May 18, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Departing Habs president Pierre Boivin expressed his frustration at the unofficial quota of French-Canadian players many Canadiens fans expect to see on Montreal’s roster.
Apr 27, 2011, 11:01 PM EDT
The Bruins and Canadiens played another great game, but Boston beat their historical rivals in Game 7 thanks to Nathan Horton’s second OT winner of the series.
Apr 27, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
As the Canadiens prepare for Game 7 tonight in Boston, the Montreal police are preparing for potential shenanigans back home as best they can. Here’s to hoping the police cars stay untoasted regardless of outcome.
Apr 26, 2011, 10:27 PM EDT
The Canadiens never make it easy and they made life hard on the Bruins tonight winning 2-1 and forcing a Game 7 tomorrow night.
Apr 26, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
The Canadiens must fight off elimination without David Desharnais, who has been ruled out of Game 6 against the Bruins.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 16
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 44
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control