Results matching “montreal canadiens”
Nov 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
John Tortorella confirms that Sean Avery is going to hit the ice for the first time this season (NHL ice that is). If he’s looking for inspiration, another notorious pest (Daniel Carcillo) showed him exactly what he should be striving for as he makes his return. We present to you, our Morning Skate.
Nov 2, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
Montreal’s leading scorer has some unique dietary practices, but they work.
Nov 1, 2011, 6:47 PM EST
It’s not Tim Thomas’s job to pump a player’s tires, so we’ll do it instead.
Oct 28, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Ray Emery’s new goalie mask is a true beauty. No Mike Tyson this time around. All that and more in our Morning Skate full of links.
Oct 27, 2011, 1:57 PM EST
Roster moves coming for Flyers.
Oct 27, 2011, 10:37 AM EST
If Philly’s loss to Montreal was a sign of things to come for life without Pronger, the Flyers have some big problems ahead.
Oct 26, 2011, 10:49 AM EST
The Flyers will have to survive the next few weeks without Chris Pronger. So wait, who will dare replace him?
Oct 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
While the fires burn around Jacques Martin, he ignores all of Montreal’s wishes to push him out the door. Here’s to hoping he doesn’t use the Internet.
Oct 25, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Markstrom might change his mind soon.
Oct 24, 2011, 1:09 PM EST
Some thoughts on Roberto Luongo, Carey Price, Jaroslav Halak, Ilya Bryzgalov, Steve Mason, and Dwayne Roloson.
Oct 22, 2011, 9:23 PM EST
Toronto might have a goalie issue after tonight as James Reimer was knocked out of action after getting dinged in the head by Brian Gionta.
Oct 22, 2011, 11:05 AM EST
Here’s a blurb-by-blurb look at a stacked Saturday schedule of 14 games.
Oct 21, 2011, 7:03 PM EST
Here’s a rundown of five games we’ll be paying close attention to this weekend. You should as well.
Oct 21, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Hey Tampa, where are those Tesla coils we were promised? That plus a hugfest between Colton Orr and Shawn Thorning in today’s Morning Skate.
Oct 20, 2011, 1:41 PM EST
No, it still wasn’t a good trade.
Oct 17, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
Tonight’s matchup on Versus shows off a pair of teams off to hot starts in the Maple Leafs and Avalanche. Are they both finally headed in the right direction or should the parade planning be halted for now?
Oct 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Want to see how the Winnipeg Jets got on the board with their first NHL goal since 1996? Nik Antropov will show you to the back of the net.
Oct 8, 2011, 2:17 PM EST
Chris Campoli was brought into Montreal to be injury insurance for Andrei Markov. Perhaps that position is just cursed as Campoli will be out for months with a leg injury.
Oct 7, 2011, 8:58 PM EST
As opening night approaches in Winnipeg, the Jets organization is cancelling season ticket accounts for scalping.
Oct 6, 2011, 6:33 PM EST
The NHL season is beginning tonight and with three games set to kick things off, we’ve got five storylines that worth paying attention to tonight.
Oct 5, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
The Blues enter the season with a lot of buzz surrounding them to be a potential playoff team in the Western Conference. They’ll need Jaroslav Halak to pull out all the stops to do it. Can he?
Oct 3, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
Ryan Malone isn’t going to be suspended for his hit on Chris Campoli and Brendan Shanahan will tell you why.
Oct 3, 2011, 1:00 AM EST
The Blues were expected to be a playoff team last year, but injuries and inconsistency derailed the team midway through the season. Will the veteran leadership of Jamie Langenbrunner and Jason Arnott help the team right the ship?
Oct 1, 2011, 10:56 PM EST
Someone get Brendan Shanahan out of bed, he might have some work to do after Tampa Bay’s Ryan Malone catches Montreal’s Chris Campoli in the head with a check.
Sep 28, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
The Sabres’ 2011-12 schedule almost seems manic depressive in its highs and lows. Surviving a brutal beginning to 2012 could be the key for Pegulamania to run wild.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 0
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 61
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 36
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) (61)