Results matching “montreal canadiens”
Jun 22, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec will continue to be a member of the Montreal Canadiens for the foreseeable future. The Montreal Gazette reports that the Czech center signed a hefty 6 year, $30 million contract to remain with the NHL’s most storied franchise. The Habs have a staggering amount of money committed to forwards Plekanec, Scott Gomez, Michael…
Jun 17, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
With all due respect to Mike Ramsey and Francis Bouillon, we finally have some huge news today: rumors are circulating that the Montreal Canadiens traded Jaroslav Halak’s RFA bargaining rights to the St. Louis Blues. It was originally reported by RDS and picked up by TSN, so it sounds like there might be some credibility…
Apr 5, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
Every now and then, Pro Hockey Talk will ask for insight from some of the best team bloggers out there. For this feature, we asked a simple question: “Who is your team’s most frustrating player?” Just for fun, I will also provide my “guess” as to who that player might be. First, my guess for…
Mar 19, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
“I think this is the right time to concretely support women who play professional hockey.”
Jun 1, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
No mechanical bull can ease the pain.
Mar 12, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
The Habs have five straight wins against Boston.
Dec 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Saturday’s collection of links.
Feb 15, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Boston is 3-2-0 in this season’s series against Montreal.
Sep 24, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara could be suiting up for a Bruins preseason game in Montreal on Monday.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The Canadiens got some tax breaks for the Bell Centre while the Oilers might not get much governmental help as they try to build a new arena.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
The Bruins are in big trouble as they’ll head to Montreal for Game 3 down 2-0 in the series against Montreal.
Sep 13, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
From the Department of Overdue and Dramatic Decisions this morning, Montreal Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier declared during his morning press conference that the Canadiens will, indeed, have a captain this season. General manager Pierre Gauthier said Monday there will be a few candidates for the job but gave no hint of who will be chosen.…
May 22, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
When a strong team or a “favorite” tumbles, sports writers scatter the ashes for excuses. Could it be that the team lacked heart or intestinal fortitude or some other metaphorical body part? Did Star Player X fail to “show up”? No, maybe it’s just that Embattled Coach failed to make the proper adjustments. Yet, in…
May 22, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers at Montreal Canadiens, Game 4 (preview) Flyers lead series 2-1 Live on NBC at 3PM ET Let there be no doubt which team needed to win Game 3 more in this Flyers-Canadiens series. Shots on goal advantages may not always tell the story – after all, Montreal went into that game 0-8 when…
May 16, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
The Rangers had a clear edge in even strength play.
May 15, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
Habs GM also made an interesting remark about Alex Galchenyuk.
May 14, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Which included a lengthy moment of silence.
May 14, 2015, 1:12 PM EDT
Which is key, because the Habs (and P.K. Subban) really want him back.
May 13, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
“As a team we’ve got to understand that Carey’s the best goalie in the world, but he’s also human.”
May 12, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Tampa Bay had a strong first period.
May 12, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Is the third time the charm for Tampa Bay?
May 9, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT
Can Montreal avoid elimination again?
May 7, 2015, 9:52 PM EDT
Tampa Bay pulled Ben Bishop early in the second period.
May 7, 2015, 8:31 PM EDT
Andrei Vasilevskiy made his playoff debut.
May 6, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Two chances that barely missed.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)