Results matching “montreal canadiens”
Aug 5, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Joe shared an update on the Carey Price situation yesterday, but there’s a little bit more circulating about the hot-prospect-turned-enigma in Montreal’s net. Any goalie rotation with question marks will probably generate some Antti Niemi rumors, so you can’t blame Price’s agent for clearing the air. Here is his quote, via TSN by way of…
Jul 30, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
As Joe speculated in June, Montreal Canadiens 2009 first round draft pick Louis Leblanc will leave Harvard University early to continue his hockey career. ESPN Boston’s Jimmy Murphy reports that the team signed Leblanc to a three-year contract. Jeff Marek notes that the prestigious university will lose Leblanc to the Montreal Juniors of the Quebec…
Jul 16, 2010, 8:10 PM EDT
While Steve Yzerman and the Tampa Bay Lightning announced the signing of new assistant GM Julian BriseBois, the Montreal Canadiens also brought on a new right-hand man for Pierre Gauthier. The team appointed Larry Carrière, formerly of the Washington Capitals and Buffalo Sabres, as their new assistant general manager today. Larry Carrière was a member…
Jun 22, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec will continue to be a member of the Montreal Canadiens for the foreseeable future. The Montreal Gazette reports that the Czech center signed a hefty 6 year, $30 million contract to remain with the NHL’s most storied franchise. The Habs have a staggering amount of money committed to forwards Plekanec, Scott Gomez, Michael…
Jun 17, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
With all due respect to Mike Ramsey and Francis Bouillon, we finally have some huge news today: rumors are circulating that the Montreal Canadiens traded Jaroslav Halak’s RFA bargaining rights to the St. Louis Blues. It was originally reported by RDS and picked up by TSN, so it sounds like there might be some credibility…
Apr 5, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
Every now and then, Pro Hockey Talk will ask for insight from some of the best team bloggers out there. For this feature, we asked a simple question: “Who is your team’s most frustrating player?” Just for fun, I will also provide my “guess” as to who that player might be. First, my guess for…
Dec 8, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Saturday’s collection of links.
Feb 15, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Boston is 3-2-0 in this season’s series against Montreal.
Sep 24, 2011, 4:44 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara could be suiting up for a Bruins preseason game in Montreal on Monday.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The Canadiens got some tax breaks for the Bell Centre while the Oilers might not get much governmental help as they try to build a new arena.
Apr 16, 2011, 10:30 PM EDT
The Bruins are in big trouble as they’ll head to Montreal for Game 3 down 2-0 in the series against Montreal.
Sep 13, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
From the Department of Overdue and Dramatic Decisions this morning, Montreal Canadiens GM Pierre Gauthier declared during his morning press conference that the Canadiens will, indeed, have a captain this season. General manager Pierre Gauthier said Monday there will be a few candidates for the job but gave no hint of who will be chosen.…
May 22, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
When a strong team or a “favorite” tumbles, sports writers scatter the ashes for excuses. Could it be that the team lacked heart or intestinal fortitude or some other metaphorical body part? Did Star Player X fail to “show up”? No, maybe it’s just that Embattled Coach failed to make the proper adjustments. Yet, in…
May 22, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers at Montreal Canadiens, Game 4 (preview) Flyers lead series 2-1 Live on NBC at 3PM ET Let there be no doubt which team needed to win Game 3 more in this Flyers-Canadiens series. Shots on goal advantages may not always tell the story – after all, Montreal went into that game 0-8 when…
May 8, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Just six days after the Eric Gryba hit.
May 7, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
How do you forget something like that?
May 5, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
“You could tell our guys care about him.”
May 3, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Ottawa already stole home-ice advantage, though.
May 3, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
And they were already without Lars Eller.
May 2, 2013, 9:56 PM EDT
A night dominated by Craig Anderson and bad feelings.
May 2, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Is facing Ottawa good news for struggling goaltender Carey Price?
Apr 30, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
Not the best timing ever.
Apr 25, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Habs struggling right now.
Apr 19, 2013, 12:16 AM EDT
Carey Price played strong to get the win.
Apr 17, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
Not much of a fight.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 59
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal