Results matching “montreal canadiens”
Jul 16, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
The summer was highlighted by a front office and coaching overhaul.
Jul 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The first in our series looking at 30 teams in 30 days.
Jun 23, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Some Habs fans are ready to canonize Marc Bergevin already.
Mar 30, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Former Canadiens coach Jacques Martin thinks the key elements are in place.
Mar 1, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
The Habs are putting added emphasis on team toughness.
Feb 19, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
The Habs honor the Hall of Fame catcher whose MLB career started with the Expos.
Feb 8, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
What?! The Habs? Yeah!
Jan 4, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
And yes, he’s tweeting in both languages.
Nov 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Injury-ravaged club limps into Phoenix tonight to take on the Coyotes.
Oct 28, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Thanks for the page views, news stars.
Oct 1, 2011, 12:30 AM EDT
The Canadiens’ 2011-12 season rests on the young shoulders of Carey Price and P.K. Subban.
Aug 12, 2011, 12:43 PM EDT
A classic look of what a hockey sweater should look like is what the Montreal Canadiens offer to the world. They also show us how things can go horribly wrong.
Jun 20, 2011, 11:27 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are showing that they’re confident Max Pacioretty will bounce back from that notorious Zdeno Chara bit signing the winger to a two-year deal reportedly worth $3.2 million.
Jun 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens wrapped up journeyman forward Mathieu Darche to a one-year, $700K deal today. South Park fans secretly rejoiced.
Apr 28, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
The Canadiens fought valiantly to seven games with the Bruins before bowing out. What went wrong for the Habs? It might have a little bit to do with offensive pressure.
Mar 9, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Michael Cammalleri and Carey Price weigh in on Zdeno Chara’s check on their teammate Max Pacioretty.
Mar 8, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
If you thought things were feisty the last time the Bruins and Habs got together, Bruins rookie winger Brad Marchand just threw a can of gas on the fire.
Dec 8, 2010, 8:46 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens made P.K. Subban a healthy scratch for three games in a row now. At some point, he’ll be back again … so who will be the odd man out on the Habs blueline?
Nov 8, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens placed marginal winger Dustin Boyd on waivers today.
Oct 25, 2010, 2:39 PM EDT
Good news out of Montreal, although it seems like things are still in the air a bit for valuable defenseman Andrei Markov. TSN has the word on the talented offensive defenseman’s injury status. Andrei Markov was cleared for contact drills Monday and the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week. They are…
Sep 29, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
One of the worst kept secrets in hockey this off-season has finally been revealed in Montreal today. The Canadiens announced that Brian Gionta will become the 28th captain in team history. Joining him as the lettered leaders of the team are defensemen Hal Gill and Andrei Markov who will both wear the “A” this season.…
Sep 27, 2010, 1:02 AM EDT
Last season: (39-33-10, 88 points, 4th in Northeast Division, 8th in Eastern Conference) In what was a highly frustrating regular season for fans, edging into the playoffs in the final days of the season turned into a miraculous run through the playoffs to the conference finals. Head coach: Jacques Martin begins his second season with…
Sep 14, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
Puck-based change (and all the naive optimism that comes with it) is in the air as training camp arrives this week for most NHL teams. Some will tell you that one of the biggest choices that many franchises face involves placing a “C” on the jersey of a deserving captain. While the journey to find…
Aug 21, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
After Julian Brisebois left his position as director of hockey operations to take an assistant GM job with the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Montreal Canadiens needed to find a replacement. Team president and CEO Pierre Boivin didn’t go far to do just that; he just reached directly down the family tree. TSN has the story.…
Aug 17, 2010, 11:20 AM EDT
It’s always unpleasant to see an all-time great’s name dragged through the mud – especially when it is a family member doing the dragging – but at least there’s some good news for Montreal Canadiens legend Guy Lafleur. CBC News reports that Lafleur has been acquitted of charges made in relation to testimony he gave…
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 1
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 7
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 61
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 93
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games