Results matching “montreal canadiens”
Aug 7, 2013, 9:03 AM EST
The storied franchise enjoyed a comeback season.
Jul 16, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
The summer was highlighted by a front office and coaching overhaul.
Jul 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
The first in our series looking at 30 teams in 30 days.
Jun 23, 2012, 12:51 PM EST
Some Habs fans are ready to canonize Marc Bergevin already.
Mar 30, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
Former Canadiens coach Jacques Martin thinks the key elements are in place.
Mar 1, 2012, 11:26 AM EST
The Habs are putting added emphasis on team toughness.
Feb 19, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
The Habs honor the Hall of Fame catcher whose MLB career started with the Expos.
Feb 8, 2012, 10:56 AM EST
What?! The Habs? Yeah!
Jan 4, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
And yes, he’s tweeting in both languages.
Nov 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Injury-ravaged club limps into Phoenix tonight to take on the Coyotes.
Oct 28, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Thanks for the page views, news stars.
Oct 1, 2011, 12:30 AM EST
The Canadiens’ 2011-12 season rests on the young shoulders of Carey Price and P.K. Subban.
Aug 12, 2011, 12:43 PM EST
A classic look of what a hockey sweater should look like is what the Montreal Canadiens offer to the world. They also show us how things can go horribly wrong.
Jun 20, 2011, 11:27 AM EST
The Montreal Canadiens are showing that they’re confident Max Pacioretty will bounce back from that notorious Zdeno Chara bit signing the winger to a two-year deal reportedly worth $3.2 million.
Jun 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
The Montreal Canadiens wrapped up journeyman forward Mathieu Darche to a one-year, $700K deal today. South Park fans secretly rejoiced.
Apr 28, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
The Canadiens fought valiantly to seven games with the Bruins before bowing out. What went wrong for the Habs? It might have a little bit to do with offensive pressure.
Mar 9, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
Michael Cammalleri and Carey Price weigh in on Zdeno Chara’s check on their teammate Max Pacioretty.
Mar 8, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
If you thought things were feisty the last time the Bruins and Habs got together, Bruins rookie winger Brad Marchand just threw a can of gas on the fire.
Dec 8, 2010, 8:46 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens made P.K. Subban a healthy scratch for three games in a row now. At some point, he’ll be back again … so who will be the odd man out on the Habs blueline?
Nov 8, 2010, 2:22 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens placed marginal winger Dustin Boyd on waivers today.
Oct 25, 2010, 2:39 PM EST
Good news out of Montreal, although it seems like things are still in the air a bit for valuable defenseman Andrei Markov. TSN has the word on the talented offensive defenseman’s injury status. Andrei Markov was cleared for contact drills Monday and the club will seek final clearance from team doctors later this week. They are…
Sep 29, 2010, 10:34 AM EST
One of the worst kept secrets in hockey this off-season has finally been revealed in Montreal today. The Canadiens announced that Brian Gionta will become the 28th captain in team history. Joining him as the lettered leaders of the team are defensemen Hal Gill and Andrei Markov who will both wear the “A” this season.…
Sep 27, 2010, 1:02 AM EST
Last season: (39-33-10, 88 points, 4th in Northeast Division, 8th in Eastern Conference) In what was a highly frustrating regular season for fans, edging into the playoffs in the final days of the season turned into a miraculous run through the playoffs to the conference finals. Head coach: Jacques Martin begins his second season with…
Sep 14, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Puck-based change (and all the naive optimism that comes with it) is in the air as training camp arrives this week for most NHL teams. Some will tell you that one of the biggest choices that many franchises face involves placing a “C” on the jersey of a deserving captain. While the journey to find…
Aug 21, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
After Julian Brisebois left his position as director of hockey operations to take an assistant GM job with the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Montreal Canadiens needed to find a replacement. Team president and CEO Pierre Boivin didn’t go far to do just that; he just reached directly down the family tree. TSN has the story.…
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)