Results matching “john tortorella”
Apr 5, 2012, 10:17 PM EDT
Knee-to-knee on Derek Stepan opens a flood of chirps.
Mar 29, 2012, 12:14 PM EDT
Hasn’t played in the league since 2008.
Mar 26, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Rangers center was benched during Saturday’s win over Toronto.
Mar 20, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
The reactions to the fights are probably more entertaining than the scuffles themselves.
Mar 20, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
The Rangers-Devils rivalry continues to heat up.
Feb 9, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
“Now, have I thought the ramifications through? No.”
Jan 18, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
Even if it’s coming from the guy who signs his checks.
Jan 10, 2012, 12:35 AM EDT
It could have been Alain Vigneault vs. Claude Julien, but the Panthers spoiled the fun.
Jan 4, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Apparently a lot of people thought he was serious about his conspiracy comments.
Jan 2, 2012, 8:19 PM EDT
Slats none too impressed either.
Dec 24, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
The Rangers head coach just has a way with words.
Dec 11, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Played a season-low 3:48 against Buffalo last game.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:46 PM EDT
Some heated words were exchanged prior to tonight’s Rangers-Senators tilt.
Nov 1, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT
John Tortorella reacted to Joe Thornton’s comments exactly the way you’d expect John Tortorella to react to Joe Thornton’s comments.
Nov 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Sean Avery clears re-entry waivers to join the Rangers for a second chance at playing nicely with John Tortorella.
Oct 31, 2011, 6:50 PM EDT
It’s less about Avery than Mike Rupp’s bad knee.
Oct 24, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
When you open the season with seven straight road contests, chances are you’ll suffer some bumps and bruises along the way. Such is the case with the Blueshirts.
Oct 18, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
The Rangers’ coach isn’t happy with his team’s slow start to the season.
Feb 27, 2011, 6:23 PM EDT
While the Lighting win an important game over New York 2-1, Rangers coach John Tortorella is a bit upset about how the officiating went down during the game.
Mar 18, 2010, 11:56 AM EDT
Chris Drury isn’t known as someone who says things just to stir the pot. So when he calls out his teammates and his team, chances are there’s some truth and meaning behind his words. From Dan Martin of the New York Post: “Immaturity,” he said. “We’d better grow up fast or we’re going to be…
Mar 15, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
You know Larry Brooks is smiling this morning. After Brooks lambasted New York Rangers coach John Tortorella for scratching Sean Avery last week, the NHL’s most annoying player responded last night with two goals in a big win against Philadelphia. “I see Sean as a player who is at his best when the games are…
Apr 21, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Poll: who is most likely to be fired?
Apr 18, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
Unlike the last coach he had in Vancouver.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Meanwhile, no word on Torts.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Prove us wrong, all 16 teams. Prove…us…wrong.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 19
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)