Results matching “john tortorella”
Oct 23, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
John Tortorella didn’t exactly like how his team played in losing to Edmonton 2-0 and he was brutally honest in describing it.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EST
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Apr 24, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
According to a NY Post report, John Tortorella quietly signed a three-year contract extension a couple months ago.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
John Tortorella thinks the Rangers are going to get that much better next year, thanks to their considerable young talent.
Apr 19, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
When Bruce Boudreau said that he thought the Rangers were targeting Mike Green’s head, Rangers coach John Tortorella fired back today saying the Caps should quit being such big babies about it.
Apr 5, 2011, 3:11 PM EST
John Tortorella confirmed the worst fears of Rangers fans, as Ryan Callahan will be out long term with a broken ankle.
Mar 11, 2011, 11:53 AM EST
If you ask John Tortorella for the biggest reason dirty hits are on the rise, he would tell you that the instigator penalty keeps players from policing themselves.
Jan 10, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
People should not forget the exemplary work produced by two unexpectedly successful coaches: Marc Crawford of the Dallas Stars and John Tortorella of the New York Rangers.
Dec 23, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
Marian Gaborik is dealing with a groin injury that has him sidelined for tonight’s game, but Rangers coach John Tortorella thinks he’ll be back by Monday.
Sep 5, 2010, 9:15 PM EST
A couple days ago, I reacted to a piece about NHL coaches who might be in danger of being fired. Often times in these situations, I like to take the temperature of PHT readers. So I asked the audience whose job they thought might be in the most trouble. Here are the results. (click to…
Jun 25, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
“Beyond John’s tremendous skill, insight and experience, he will be a great fit in terms of his values and work ethic.”
Nov 30, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
Rick Nash also had three points.
Nov 30, 2013, 9:43 AM EST
Will he get a warm reception?
Nov 28, 2013, 8:44 PM EST
Nov 28, 2013, 8:57 AM EST
Meanwhile, the team has struggled to score goals.
Nov 22, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
“He banned me from the locker room for a while, all in fun.”
Nov 18, 2013, 9:13 AM EST
The decision even surprised goalie Lehtonen.
Nov 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Things clearly grew sour for the fiery coach.
Nov 1, 2013, 6:29 PM EST
As far as the Canucks coach is concerned, those who think that “don’t have a clue.”
Oct 5, 2013, 11:25 PM EST
So much for mellowing out.
Sep 26, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
Rangers visit Canucks in Vancouver Thursday night.
Sep 22, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
Shot blocking claims another victim.
Aug 27, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
“He wants you to compete and doesn’t want anybody to take a game off, which I like.”
Aug 26, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
The relationship still seems icy.
Aug 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
The new Canucks coach has kept in contact with his new goalie.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)