Results matching “john tortorella”
Nov 6, 2011, 11:41 AM EDT
Rangers head coach wasn’t in much of a speaking mood prior to Saturday’s game vs. Montreal
Oct 23, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
John Tortorella didn’t exactly like how his team played in losing to Edmonton 2-0 and he was brutally honest in describing it.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Apr 24, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
According to a NY Post report, John Tortorella quietly signed a three-year contract extension a couple months ago.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:14 PM EDT
John Tortorella thinks the Rangers are going to get that much better next year, thanks to their considerable young talent.
Apr 19, 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
When Bruce Boudreau said that he thought the Rangers were targeting Mike Green’s head, Rangers coach John Tortorella fired back today saying the Caps should quit being such big babies about it.
Apr 5, 2011, 3:11 PM EDT
John Tortorella confirmed the worst fears of Rangers fans, as Ryan Callahan will be out long term with a broken ankle.
Mar 11, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
If you ask John Tortorella for the biggest reason dirty hits are on the rise, he would tell you that the instigator penalty keeps players from policing themselves.
Jan 10, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
People should not forget the exemplary work produced by two unexpectedly successful coaches: Marc Crawford of the Dallas Stars and John Tortorella of the New York Rangers.
Dec 23, 2010, 7:45 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik is dealing with a groin injury that has him sidelined for tonight’s game, but Rangers coach John Tortorella thinks he’ll be back by Monday.
Sep 5, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
A couple days ago, I reacted to a piece about NHL coaches who might be in danger of being fired. Often times in these situations, I like to take the temperature of PHT readers. So I asked the audience whose job they thought might be in the most trouble. Here are the results. (click to…
Jun 25, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
“Beyond John’s tremendous skill, insight and experience, he will be a great fit in terms of his values and work ethic.”
Feb 13, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
“You’re talking to a guy who went down the hallway after another coach last year, which was so across the line, so embarrassing to team.”
Jul 29, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They won the Stanley Cup together in Tampa Bay.
Jun 24, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Jim Rutherford has reached out to a couple of new candidates.
May 15, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
It was a really ugly season in Vancouver.
May 1, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Trevor Linden does the expected.
May 1, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
It would be the second time in as many years.
Apr 9, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
Fun times in Vancouver.
Apr 8, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
Will it be a summer of change in Vancouver?
Mar 13, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
“They put in a system where we know we can win each and every game.”
Mar 12, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
“I am not going to comment on specific things about John. It is unfair to him.”
Mar 11, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
On the bright side, there’s the Batmobile.
Mar 11, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
“We need to be men.”
Mar 3, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Or should they just “keep believing” that the offense will come?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)