Results matching “john tortorella”
Nov 6, 2011, 11:41 AM EST
Rangers head coach wasn’t in much of a speaking mood prior to Saturday’s game vs. Montreal
Oct 23, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
John Tortorella didn’t exactly like how his team played in losing to Edmonton 2-0 and he was brutally honest in describing it.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EST
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Apr 24, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
According to a NY Post report, John Tortorella quietly signed a three-year contract extension a couple months ago.
Apr 23, 2011, 9:14 PM EST
John Tortorella thinks the Rangers are going to get that much better next year, thanks to their considerable young talent.
Apr 19, 2011, 5:06 PM EST
When Bruce Boudreau said that he thought the Rangers were targeting Mike Green’s head, Rangers coach John Tortorella fired back today saying the Caps should quit being such big babies about it.
Apr 5, 2011, 3:11 PM EST
John Tortorella confirmed the worst fears of Rangers fans, as Ryan Callahan will be out long term with a broken ankle.
Mar 11, 2011, 11:53 AM EST
If you ask John Tortorella for the biggest reason dirty hits are on the rise, he would tell you that the instigator penalty keeps players from policing themselves.
Jan 10, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
People should not forget the exemplary work produced by two unexpectedly successful coaches: Marc Crawford of the Dallas Stars and John Tortorella of the New York Rangers.
Dec 23, 2010, 7:45 PM EST
Marian Gaborik is dealing with a groin injury that has him sidelined for tonight’s game, but Rangers coach John Tortorella thinks he’ll be back by Monday.
Sep 5, 2010, 9:15 PM EST
A couple days ago, I reacted to a piece about NHL coaches who might be in danger of being fired. Often times in these situations, I like to take the temperature of PHT readers. So I asked the audience whose job they thought might be in the most trouble. Here are the results. (click to…
Jun 25, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
“Beyond John’s tremendous skill, insight and experience, he will be a great fit in terms of his values and work ethic.”
Jul 29, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
They won the Stanley Cup together in Tampa Bay.
Jun 24, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
Jim Rutherford has reached out to a couple of new candidates.
May 15, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
It was a really ugly season in Vancouver.
May 1, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Trevor Linden does the expected.
May 1, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
It would be the second time in as many years.
Apr 9, 2014, 11:42 AM EST
Fun times in Vancouver.
Apr 8, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
Will it be a summer of change in Vancouver?
Mar 13, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
“They put in a system where we know we can win each and every game.”
Mar 12, 2014, 11:43 AM EST
“I am not going to comment on specific things about John. It is unfair to him.”
Mar 11, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
On the bright side, there’s the Batmobile.
Mar 11, 2014, 1:15 AM EST
“We need to be men.”
Mar 3, 2014, 11:35 AM EST
Or should they just “keep believing” that the offense will come?
Feb 22, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
He’d rather have his players practicing in Vancouver.
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 1
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 8
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)