Results matching “john tortorella”
Oct 21, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Tampa Bay finally figured it out.
Oct 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Barry Trotz pulled no punches in taking his Predators to task for a 5-1 loss in Vancouver. Here’s to hoping he also moonlights as an insult comic.
Oct 20, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Plus four other notable NHL numbers.
Oct 17, 2011, 9:21 AM EDT
You think your team has had it rough traveling so far? Take a look at how far the New York Rangers will go before they even play a home game this year.
Oct 8, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski’s groin issues are putting him back in the press box for today’s game in Europe against the Ducks.
Oct 7, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT
Mike Richards won round one of the battle of Richards as his Kings beat Brad Richards’ Rangers 3-2 in overtime today.
Oct 6, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
There are plenty of good teams in the Atlantic Division, but with injury concerns and personnel changes running rampant through many rosters, is there a true favorite going into 2011-12?
Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Today’s waiver wire fun sees Sean Avery going unclaimed and Blair Betts being plucked by the Canadiens after being waived by Philadelphia.
Oct 4, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
While the left wing job is up in the air, reports indicate that Wojtek Wolski is the frontrunner to play alongside Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik. Can the large but often soft winger take advantage of this golden opportunity, though?
Oct 3, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
All right, you can make the Swiss pun for yourselves as the Rangers were dropped like a sack of Toblerones by EV Zug 8-4 in an exhibition in Switzerland.
Sep 28, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rangers head into the season looking for big things and they might be a bit closer than you think.
Sep 28, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
Tom Sestito’s 24th birthday will be one to forget: the Flyers put him on waivers while the NHL suspended him for the rest of the preseason and two regular season games.
Sep 26, 2011, 11:28 PM EDT
Not even a week after dealing with an ugly racial display, Wayne Simmonds is being accused of using a homophobic comment in a trash-talking exchange with Sean Avery. It was an ugly game tonight, as Tom Sestito’s hit might also generate some suspension controversy.
Sep 26, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
You knew, I knew it, we all knew it but the NHL finally made it official. The 2012 Winter Classic is coming to Philadelphia and features the Flyers taking on the New York Rangers.
Sep 25, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
John Tortorella said that Marc Staal won’t join the team in Europe – at least initially – but didn’t rule him out for the Rangers’ season opener against the Kings in Sweden on Oct. 7.
Sep 24, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards wasted little time showing what they’re capable of this season on Broadway. Both had a goal and an assist while working together for the first time on the Rangers top line.
Sep 23, 2011, 4:43 PM EDT
Marc Staal’s struggles with post-concussion syndrome continue, leading head coach John Tortorella to admit that he might miss a chunk of the Rangers’ trip to Europe.
Sep 18, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
Marc Staal’s training camp is off to a bad start as he’s being held out of action due to post-concussion symptoms
Sep 18, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
The long unofficial status of the 2012 Winter Classic appears to be ready to be made official by the NHL if the latest report figures to be true.
Sep 18, 2011, 1:19 AM EDT
Michael Del Zotto fell out of favor with the Rangers last year after a solid rookie season. He wants to prove that he can be they guy they can count on this year and into the future.
Sep 17, 2011, 6:38 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik discusses getting over hockey’s tragic summer and finding a way to gel with new free agent center Brad Richards.
Sep 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Maybe the league is just planning on skipping the official Winter Classic announcement altogether. The hockey world gets even more confirmation as HBO’s 24/7 cameras invade Rangers practice.
Sep 12, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
The Rangers justified many people’s expectations by handing the captaincy to popular forward Ryan Callahan. Marc Staal and Brad Richards will serve as alternates.
Aug 20, 2011, 10:15 PM EDT
The NHL on NBC schedule is out now for this season and we’ve got a few weekends circled already.
Jul 29, 2011, 10:26 AM EDT
Nikolay Zherdev is busy looking for a new NHL team to play for and unlike Ilya Bryzgalov, he’d be all right with playing in Winnipeg.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 35
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 38
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 24
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0