Results matching “franzen”
Sep 23, 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
It appears, at least, that Johan Franzen and the Detroit Red Wings face a good news, bad news situation. The good news is that it seems like the fallout of Brooks Oprik’s knee-to-knee hit on the injury prone forward won’t be too severe. The bad news is that he will, in fact, miss time and…
Sep 23, 2010, 12:57 PM EDT
Consider tensions escalated between the seemingly bitter rivals in Detroit and Pittsburgh. Familiarity breeds contempt for sure, but the two teams saw business pick up a bit in their pre-season game last night when Pittsburgh’s Brooks Orpik connected with a knee-on-knee collision with Red Wings forward Johan Franzen. The hit resulted in Franzen getting a…
Sep 22, 2010, 10:27 PM EDT
Detroit’s Johan Franzen left tonight’s game with what the team is calling a “charley horse” after a knee-on-knee collision with Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik. If you think that didn’t cause a fracas, you’d be wrong. Then, after Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik committed a kneeing penalty at 18:17 on Franzen, Orpik and Todd Bertuzzi went at…
Sep 7, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Last season saw the Detroit Red Wings deal with a host of injuries. Coming off of back-to-back seasons reaching the Stanley Cup Finals, it’s understandable that players could get tired and hurt as well and on a team that lost 40-goal scorer Marian Hossa, losing any kind of offense makes living a bit rough. Losing…
May 7, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
With Pavel Datsyuk hobbled and Henrik Zetterberg focusing most of his energy on stopping Sidney Crosby, the Detroit Red Wing who struck The Fear of God into me last Stanley Cup Finals was Johan Franzen. Simply put, the man has ridiculous hands and – when he’s on his game – little fear of using them…
May 6, 2010, 10:52 PM EDT
If nothing else, tonight’s Wings-Sharks games will be remembered for the scoring touch of Detroit’s “Mule.” Johan Franzen’s four goals and six points lead the way to help give Detroit a 7-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks in Game 4. It was very nearly a five goal effort for Franzen but Detroit’s first goal,…
May 6, 2010, 8:38 PM EDT
Getting a hat trick in the playoffs is a heck of an accomplishment, just ask Dustin Byfuglien. Getting a natural hat trick in the playoffs is pretty impressive in itself and remarkable all at once and that’s precisely what Johan Franzen accomplished. In the span of 5:36 the Red Wings delivered four straight goals to…
Aug 27, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
It matters given that they will start next season with a largely unchanged roster.
Aug 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
They have made it to the playoffs for 23 straight seasons.
Aug 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
By that he means offer him a contract.
Jun 23, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
He’ll look to do it in Detroit, too.
Jun 15, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
This summer is their final window of opportunity.
May 8, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
L.A. looking to win its seventh straight.
Apr 26, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Lack of health and depth did in Detroit.
Apr 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
They were up 3-1 against Toronto last season, too.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:10 AM EDT
Detroit’s oldest player won’t suit up for Game 3.
Apr 2, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Detroit with injury problems? You don’t say.
Mar 27, 2014, 6:09 PM EDT
He’ll skate with David Legwand and Johan Franzen.
Mar 27, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
There’s more than history at stake for Detroit.
Mar 23, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Detroit won 3-2 on Saturday.
Mar 18, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
This is getting ridiculous.
Mar 14, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Yep, another Penguins-Flyers series is a possibility.
Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Can Johan Franzen maintain his incredible post-Olympics pace?
Mar 9, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They both desperately need every point they can get.
Mar 6, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
Injuries make him a key player instantly with Red Wings.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)