Results matching “boudreau ovechkin”
May 3, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
With so much being made of the Caps move to a more defensive style of hockey, bowing out in the second round wouldn’t exactly justify doing that now would it?
May 1, 2011, 10:52 PM EDT
The Lightning rode great performances by Dwayne Roloson, Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier and some lucky bounces to a 3-2 OT win against the Capitals. The Bolts go back to Tampa Bay with a shocking 2-0 lead in the series.
Apr 23, 2011, 6:59 PM EDT
Pierre McGuire interviews Washington’s excellent young defensive pairing of Karl Alzner and John Carlson in this video.
Apr 23, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
If the Rangers want to keep their series with the Capitals alive and hold out hope of upsetting the top seeded Caps, there’s a few things they’ll need to do today to make it happen.
Apr 22, 2011, 9:24 PM EDT
For the second playoffs in a row the Capitals find themselves up 3-1 in the series against the eighth seed. Last year’s failure to win might linger in the fans’ minds, but not in the locker room.
Apr 21, 2011, 12:29 AM EDT
The Rangers held a 3-0 lead in Game 4. Once the third period rolled around, the Caps took over and showed the heart of a team gearing up for a deeper run winning in double overtime thanks to Jason Chimera… And Marian Gaborik.
Apr 13, 2011, 3:29 AM EDT
Time for us to put our money where our mouth is and our mouth and our money are banking on chalk to carry the day into the Stanley Cup final where one team will win their first ever Stanley Cup.
Apr 12, 2011, 11:47 PM EDT
There are five players who have a lot more pressure on them to win the Stanley Cup this year. Which five are they? You know you want to know.
Apr 11, 2011, 5:16 PM EDT
The Rangers and Capitals get it on again in the playoffs only this time some of the players and the circumstances have changed. We take a look at who we think wins this series and want to know who you think takes it.
Apr 5, 2011, 11:54 AM EDT
Alexander Semin won’t play for Washington against Toronto tonight, but all indications point to this being an opportunity to rest rather than a reason to be concerned.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
Dennis Wideman was acquired to help the Caps take the heat off with Mike Green out. Now they’re back to square one with Wideman out injured week-to-week.
Mar 21, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
This post includes injury updates regarding Jason Arnott, Mike Green, Eric Fehr and John Erskine.
Mar 17, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Recaps for all four games played on Wednesday night.
Mar 15, 2011, 11:21 PM EDT
The Capitals run their win streak to a season-high nine straight games and continue to keep pace with the Flyers for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.
Mar 15, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
The Capitals keep winning despite losing key players to injury, but they’ll have to deal with another tough blow as Jason Arnott is week-to-week with an undisclosed injury.
Mar 7, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
In a game that was grittier than some might expect, the Capitals managed to grind out a shootout win against the Lightning to bolster their Southeast Division lead to two points.
Feb 13, 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
Mike Milbury discusses the Capitals’ bumpy transition to a more defensive-minded scheme while Pierre McGuire is impressed by Keith Yandle’s development and the Coyotes’ rise in the Pacific Division.
Feb 6, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
While we know about how the Caps offense has struggled to get things done this year, their goaltending has been the unsung hero of the season.
Feb 4, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
Here are previews of tonight’s six games, including a Southeast showdown between the Lightning and Capitals and the next chapter in the Canucks-Blackhawks feud.
Jan 24, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
The Capitals offense was once again missing in action, this time not getting shots on goal and losing 2-1 in a shootout with the Rangers.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This year’s Philadelphia Flyers look an awful lot like last season’s Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks. Read this post to see why.
Jan 16, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
The Capitals pulled into a virtual tie with the Lightning for the Southeast Division lead thanks to a 3-1 win over the Senators today.
Jan 2, 2011, 12:56 AM EDT
What were both teams saying after tonight’s incredible 3-1 Capitals win in the Winter Classic? Strap in.
Jan 1, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
While Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin dominated the headlines going into the Winter Classic, hard working Capitals forward Eric Fehr stole the show with a great two goal performance.
Dec 31, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
What are we looking out for in the Winter Classic tomorrow? We’ve got five things that make a lot of sense.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 9
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 2
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 34
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 24
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 44
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot