Results matching “boudreau ovechkin”
Mar 24, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
When I heard about the Washington Capitals’ most recent headaches revolving around steroid investigations at the team’s training facility, I didn’t immediately assume that some of their players were up to no good. Instead, I couldn’t help but whimsically compare Alex Ovechkin to Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago from “Rocky IV.”* This was the first image…
Mar 23, 2010, 6:05 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau was on 93.7 The Fan earlier today in advance of tomorrow night’s EPIC matchup between the Penguins and Capitals, and among a wide variety of topics he discussed the reputations of both Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin. Specifically, he was asked whether Ovechkin’s suspensions have tarnished his reputation at all. Via Dan Steinberg’s…
Mar 16, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
I didn’t expect Alex Ovechkin to say he was completely at fault for what what happened with Brian Campbell, but I can’t believe how everyone in Washington, D.C. seems to be completely mystified for why he was suspended. Ted Leonsis can’t understand it, Bruce Boudreau can’t believe it and now A.O. himself is a bit…
Jun 29, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Could the blueliner benefit from (another) “fresh start”?
Dec 23, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
On a roll.
Nov 28, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT
Sep 24, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
The Caps haven’t been past the second round of the playoffs since 1997 — the same year he took over as GM.
Jun 14, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
Patrice Bergeron is a finalist for the Selke Trophy.
May 24, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
Back in Vegas next year.
May 20, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Click for the odds on all the finalists.
May 12, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
Up to three series can end tonight.
May 4, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
We got four games today, including Game 2 of the Capitals-Rangers series this afternoon on NBC.
Mar 31, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
Now he’s starting to yield results as well.
Jan 14, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Rookie head coach won’t have much time to do it.
Jul 31, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Adam Oates is the new man behind the bench.
Apr 27, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
New York and Washington tied their regular season series at 2-2.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
No one in the organization will feel good if the Capitals miss the playoffs this season, though.
Feb 11, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
It’s a rivalry fueled by playoff matchups…and a general dislike for one another.
Jan 9, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
This should’ve been a potential Stanley Cup finals preview. Instead it’s just sadness.
Jan 6, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
“I guess everybody has their fuse. Some guys’ are shorter, some guys’ are longer. I don’t know how long mine is.”
Dec 28, 2011, 11:07 PM EDT
Ovechkin, Semin and Vokoun were central to this win.
Dec 20, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
@PaulinaGretzky fails to make the cut.
Three (News) Stars of the Week: Bobby on the block…then not, Paulina says bye…then hi, Bruce is fired…then hired
Dec 2, 2011, 6:50 PM EDT
Thanks for the page views, news stars.
Dec 2, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
“Your top players make your team go, and you’ve got to make sure your top players are on your side.”
Dec 1, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Got lost in the shuffle there a lil’ bit.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 16
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)