Results matching “boudreau ovechkin”
Apr 16, 2010, 9:55 AM EST
Aside from the story of how Tomas Plekanec actually backed up his big words — something you don’t see everyday in professional sports — the story this morning is surrounding Alex Ovechkin and his zero shots on goal. The Capitals were foiled by much more than just Ovechkin being a non-factor for much of the…
Mar 24, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
When I heard about the Washington Capitals’ most recent headaches revolving around steroid investigations at the team’s training facility, I didn’t immediately assume that some of their players were up to no good. Instead, I couldn’t help but whimsically compare Alex Ovechkin to Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago from “Rocky IV.”* This was the first image…
Mar 23, 2010, 6:05 PM EST
Bruce Boudreau was on 93.7 The Fan earlier today in advance of tomorrow night’s EPIC matchup between the Penguins and Capitals, and among a wide variety of topics he discussed the reputations of both Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin. Specifically, he was asked whether Ovechkin’s suspensions have tarnished his reputation at all. Via Dan Steinberg’s…
Mar 16, 2010, 2:05 PM EST
I didn’t expect Alex Ovechkin to say he was completely at fault for what what happened with Brian Campbell, but I can’t believe how everyone in Washington, D.C. seems to be completely mystified for why he was suspended. Ted Leonsis can’t understand it, Bruce Boudreau can’t believe it and now A.O. himself is a bit…
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 AM EST
Anaheim has now lost two straight in regulation for the first time since November.
Dec 6, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
Brooks Orpik discusses dealing with “the stuff fans want to see.”
Dec 2, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Currently tied with Ovechkin for 6th in the NHL in goals.
Jun 29, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
Could the blueliner benefit from (another) “fresh start”?
Dec 23, 2013, 10:01 PM EST
On a roll.
Nov 28, 2013, 1:08 AM EST
Sep 24, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
The Caps haven’t been past the second round of the playoffs since 1997 — the same year he took over as GM.
Jun 14, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
Patrice Bergeron is a finalist for the Selke Trophy.
May 24, 2013, 11:48 AM EST
Back in Vegas next year.
May 20, 2013, 2:03 PM EST
Click for the odds on all the finalists.
May 12, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
Up to three series can end tonight.
May 4, 2013, 10:04 AM EST
We got four games today, including Game 2 of the Capitals-Rangers series this afternoon on NBC.
Mar 31, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
Now he’s starting to yield results as well.
Jan 14, 2013, 12:56 PM EST
Rookie head coach won’t have much time to do it.
Jul 31, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Adam Oates is the new man behind the bench.
Apr 27, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
New York and Washington tied their regular season series at 2-2.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:57 PM EST
No one in the organization will feel good if the Capitals miss the playoffs this season, though.
Feb 11, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
It’s a rivalry fueled by playoff matchups…and a general dislike for one another.
Jan 9, 2012, 1:06 PM EST
This should’ve been a potential Stanley Cup finals preview. Instead it’s just sadness.
Jan 6, 2012, 10:05 AM EST
“I guess everybody has their fuse. Some guys’ are shorter, some guys’ are longer. I don’t know how long mine is.”
Dec 28, 2011, 11:07 PM EST
Ovechkin, Semin and Vokoun were central to this win.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)