Results matching “boudreau ovechkin”
Apr 16, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
Following up on our story this morning on Alex Ovechkin’s struggles last night against Montreal, there was no question his ‘off game’ would be brought up today by the media in Washington. And you have to hand it to him, he’s owned up to exactly what everyone noticed, saying today to what was likely a…
Apr 16, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Aside from the story of how Tomas Plekanec actually backed up his big words — something you don’t see everyday in professional sports — the story this morning is surrounding Alex Ovechkin and his zero shots on goal. The Capitals were foiled by much more than just Ovechkin being a non-factor for much of the…
Mar 24, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
When I heard about the Washington Capitals’ most recent headaches revolving around steroid investigations at the team’s training facility, I didn’t immediately assume that some of their players were up to no good. Instead, I couldn’t help but whimsically compare Alex Ovechkin to Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago from “Rocky IV.”* This was the first image…
Mar 23, 2010, 6:05 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau was on 93.7 The Fan earlier today in advance of tomorrow night’s EPIC matchup between the Penguins and Capitals, and among a wide variety of topics he discussed the reputations of both Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin. Specifically, he was asked whether Ovechkin’s suspensions have tarnished his reputation at all. Via Dan Steinberg’s…
Mar 16, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
I didn’t expect Alex Ovechkin to say he was completely at fault for what what happened with Brian Campbell, but I can’t believe how everyone in Washington, D.C. seems to be completely mystified for why he was suspended. Ted Leonsis can’t understand it, Bruce Boudreau can’t believe it and now A.O. himself is a bit…
Apr 15, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
A PHT tradition.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 AM EDT
Anaheim has now lost two straight in regulation for the first time since November.
Dec 6, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
Brooks Orpik discusses dealing with “the stuff fans want to see.”
Dec 2, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Currently tied with Ovechkin for 6th in the NHL in goals.
Jun 29, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Could the blueliner benefit from (another) “fresh start”?
Dec 23, 2013, 10:01 PM EDT
On a roll.
Nov 28, 2013, 1:08 AM EDT
Sep 24, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
The Caps haven’t been past the second round of the playoffs since 1997 — the same year he took over as GM.
Jun 14, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
Patrice Bergeron is a finalist for the Selke Trophy.
May 24, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
Back in Vegas next year.
May 20, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Click for the odds on all the finalists.
May 12, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
Up to three series can end tonight.
May 4, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
We got four games today, including Game 2 of the Capitals-Rangers series this afternoon on NBC.
Mar 31, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
Now he’s starting to yield results as well.
Jan 14, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Rookie head coach won’t have much time to do it.
Jul 31, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Adam Oates is the new man behind the bench.
Apr 27, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
New York and Washington tied their regular season series at 2-2.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
No one in the organization will feel good if the Capitals miss the playoffs this season, though.
Feb 11, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
It’s a rivalry fueled by playoff matchups…and a general dislike for one another.
Jan 9, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
This should’ve been a potential Stanley Cup finals preview. Instead it’s just sadness.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)