Results matching “boudreau ovechkin”
Sep 11, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Capitals rookie camp had a surprise appearance on the ice from team captain Alex Ovechkin. So much for thinking that he’s not doing all the right things as a captain.
Aug 24, 2011, 8:32 PM EDT
Brooks Laich signed a monstrous 6-year contract this summer worth $27 million. Capitals Bruce Boudreau thinks the center is worth every penny.
Aug 9, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau was happy to have the Caps be more defensive last season, but he wants them to do that and score tons of goals this season.
May 4, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
It’s not quite a guarantee, but Alex Ovechkin issued a statement that could be inspirational … or maybe a future punchline.
Apr 18, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau thinks the Rangers have been targeting Mike Green, especially on a second period hit by Marc Staal. The league decided not to review that check, though.
Apr 16, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau’s job is safe in Washington … for now. If something goes wrong and the Capitals send him packing, every coach-less team has a reason to consider hiring him.
Mar 29, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
CSN Washington reports that both Alex Ovechkin and Jason Arnott could be back for the Capitals tonight. This post has the details, along with what’s at stake for both the Caps and the Carolina Hurricanes.
Mar 24, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
This post includes updates on Washington’s wounded players, including Alex Ovechkin, Jason Arnott and Mike Green.
Mar 23, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
The Capitals and Alex Ovechkin are being coy about the nature of his injury, maybe because he’s just getting a breather. If that’s the case … should other top contenders consider doing the same with their best players?
Mar 21, 2011, 11:57 AM EDT
Conveniently timed injury or future problem? Alexander Ovechkin will miss the next week to ten days and miss out on a huge showdown with the Flyers.
Mar 12, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT
Many have wondered aloud about Alex Ovechkin’s ability to lead a team. What he’s doing this year with the Caps is proving those doubters to be foolish.
Mar 11, 2011, 11:54 PM EDT
The Caps stay red hot winning their seventh game in a row and take control of second place in the East while extending their lead on Tampa Bay.
Jan 6, 2011, 9:55 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin got a cortisone shot for an injury that may or may not have been nagging him for a while. Is that the source of his goal scoring problems?
Dec 23, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
The latest episode of HBO’s 24/7 shows us that Bruce Boudreau seems to have a better handle on the locker room while the Caps don’t seem to handle criticism all too well.
Dec 15, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
Many personalities could emerge from HBO’s 24/7 series on the 2011 Winter Classic, but coaches Bruce Boudreau and Dan Bylsma might be the most vibrant ones of them all.
May 2, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Elliotte Friedman of CBCSports and Hockey Night in Canada has a great article up today on the Washington Capitals. He looks ahead at what needs to change for the Washington Capitals as they take the throne from the San Jose Sharks as playoff disappointments, and it’s tough to argue with his suggestions. He makes a…
Apr 28, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
It’s kind of stunning to think that every single Alex Ovechkin Era Washington Capitals playoff series went to a Game 7. Whether it was a marquee matchup with Pittsburgh or seemingly mundane clashes with the Rangers and Canadiens, the Caps have been pushed to the brink each and every time. Oddly enough, each series also…
Apr 16, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
Following up on our story this morning on Alex Ovechkin’s struggles last night against Montreal, there was no question his ‘off game’ would be brought up today by the media in Washington. And you have to hand it to him, he’s owned up to exactly what everyone noticed, saying today to what was likely a…
Apr 16, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
Aside from the story of how Tomas Plekanec actually backed up his big words — something you don’t see everyday in professional sports — the story this morning is surrounding Alex Ovechkin and his zero shots on goal. The Capitals were foiled by much more than just Ovechkin being a non-factor for much of the…
Mar 24, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
When I heard about the Washington Capitals’ most recent headaches revolving around steroid investigations at the team’s training facility, I didn’t immediately assume that some of their players were up to no good. Instead, I couldn’t help but whimsically compare Alex Ovechkin to Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago from “Rocky IV.”* This was the first image…
Mar 23, 2010, 6:05 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau was on 93.7 The Fan earlier today in advance of tomorrow night’s EPIC matchup between the Penguins and Capitals, and among a wide variety of topics he discussed the reputations of both Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin. Specifically, he was asked whether Ovechkin’s suspensions have tarnished his reputation at all. Via Dan Steinberg’s…
Mar 16, 2010, 2:05 PM EDT
I didn’t expect Alex Ovechkin to say he was completely at fault for what what happened with Brian Campbell, but I can’t believe how everyone in Washington, D.C. seems to be completely mystified for why he was suspended. Ted Leonsis can’t understand it, Bruce Boudreau can’t believe it and now A.O. himself is a bit…
May 20, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Click for the odds on all the finalists.
May 12, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
Up to three series can end tonight.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 0
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 7
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 25
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 63
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control