Results matching “back to junior”
Oct 20, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The Morning Skate shows you how Jaromir Jagr is a workout freak as well as how the Kings are figuring out a nickname for Mike Richards. All that and more right ahead.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
One of the NHL’s best young prospects could make his Philly debut this Thursday against Washington.
Oct 18, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes you around the league where you’ll see that Patrick Kane seems to be doing just fine as a center and much more.
Oct 10, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
You won’t see him this season, but Jonathan Huberdeau will be a force to be reckoned with in the future for Florida.
Oct 4, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
Remember how smart guys were talking about how the 2011 draft class didn’t have much in the way of immediately-ready NHL talent? Yeah, about that… Eight draftees will start the year on NHL rosters.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:27 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets first round pick Mark Scheifele made such a good impression in training camp that the team signed him up for his three-year entry-level contract.
Oct 2, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
You know the big guys in the Flyers lineup who are sticking around, but who out of the rest is coming or going and is Brayden Schenn sticking around?
Sep 29, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
With injuries to Viktor Stalberg and Ben Smith in Chicago, it’s the chance of a lifetime for 2011 second round pick Brandon Saad.
Sep 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
If you thought the Penguins were good already, just wait until you see them with their two best players back on the ice.
Sep 19, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
Some thoughts on tonight’s preseason tilts including praise for Sens prospect Jared Cowen, Panthers prospect Jonathan Huberdeau, and more.
Sep 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
With Mike Richards and Jeff Carter gone from Philadelphia, the future of the Flyers up the middle is on display today against the Capitals in a rookie game.
Sep 15, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Islanders restricted free agent Josh Bailey has a deadline to be signed by Friday morning or else the Islanders will make him miss the rest of the season.
Aug 26, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
Oilers coach Tom Renney is preparing for anything come training camp, including possibly having 2011 #1 pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins figuring in the mix to start right away in Edmonton.
Jul 13, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Avalanche 2011 first round pick Gabriel Landeskog could turn out to be their secret weapon next season and his junior coach thinks he can get it done right away.
Jun 24, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
The 2011 first overall pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has some big expectations but he’s got a set of similar teammates to help make the future really bright in Edmonton.
Mar 26, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
The Kings playoff chances may have taken a brutal hit as Anze Kopitar left today’s game with an ugly lower body injury.
Nov 11, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
Is Brayden Schenn going to stick with the Kings this year or is he destined for another trip to junior hockey?
Oct 9, 2010, 2:40 AM EDT
Sometimes the perils of dropping the gloves can have unforeseen circumstances. In the case of Ducks defenseman Andy Sutton, taking swings at Red Wings defenseman Ruslan Salei can bring about problems. Like a broken thumb. Not only did the Ducks begin the season with a one-sided loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Friday night,…
Oct 2, 2010, 11:00 PM EDT
Florida Panthers 2010 first round pick Erik Gudbranson is getting his wish. At the very least, he’s getting his chance to prove to the Panthers that he can stick in the NHL. The Florida Sun Sentinel’s Harvey Fialkov gives us the scoop on the news that Gudbranson will sign an entry level contract with the…
Oct 1, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
When it comes to high-profile draft picks such as Taylor Hall, deciding whether or not to send him to the minors is more complex than choosing between development and preserving entry-level contract years vs. immediate team needs. When it comes to someone like the Florida Panthers’ No. 3 pick Erik Gudbranson, it might be a…
Sep 22, 2010, 8:19 PM EDT
New York Islanders 2010 third round pick Kirill Kabanov is having a training camp to forget. On the first day of rookie camp, Kabanov over-slept and was held off the ice from workouts. Now with the rest of the NHL vets in place and working out, Kabanov has done it again and over-slept causing him…
Sep 12, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
While all the attention during this rookie camp is going to be focused on the top two picks from the 2010 NHL Draft in Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin, the #3 pick Erik Gudbranson is going to be another player worth keeping an eye on. The Florida Sun Sentinel’s Harvey Fialkov caught up with Gudbranson…
Aug 20, 2010, 6:27 PM EDT
Even though Dale Tallon wasn’t there to enjoy it, last season’s Blackhawks championship had his finger prints all over it. He was the guy who signed or drafted a great number of the players that helped the Blackhawks end their 49-year Stanley Cup drought and now he finds himself in Florida as GM of the…
May 20, 2013, 1:56 AM EDT
Had success as a QMJHL coach in Quebec.
May 19, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
A pair of young players led the way.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic