Results matching “back to junior”
Jun 16, 2011, 9:23 AM EDT
So many thoughts to get through after what turned out to be a historic night for Tim Thomas and the Boston Bruins in winning the Stanley Cup.
Jun 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Reports out of Winnipeg say that Thrashers GM Rick Dudley will not be retained in that position by True North ownership.
Jun 4, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
With Sidney Crosby’s status still uncertain, the Penguins must be happy to hear that Evgeni Malkin is making progress in rehabbing his injured knee.
Jun 1, 2011, 4:19 PM EDT
Milan Lucic might be from Vancouver, but he’s going to try and put the screws to his hometown team while with the Bruins. He’s also going to try and win it for another former Bruins and Canucks player now in the Boston front office.
May 29, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
The Saint John Sea Dogs became the first ever Memorial Cup winner from Canada’s Maritimes region thanks to their 3-1 win against the Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors. It was a redemptive performance for Sea Dogs goalie Jacob DeSerres, who gave up nine goals in last year’s Memorial Cup final against the Taylor Hall and Cam Fowler-fueled…
May 19, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
We’d like to think we’ve all evolved as fans that can take a joke. Some fans in Tampa Bay missed out on that message, however.
May 18, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
Bob Boughner decided to step down from his assistant coaching position with the Blue Jackets after just one season. Find out why he resigned in this post.
May 16, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Finnish fans celebrated their team’s 6-1 gold medal win over Sweden by … getting naked?
Apr 13, 2011, 2:53 AM EDT
Kings prospect Brayden Schenn just might end up being their secret weapon in the playoffs. As with most things dealing with rookies, there’s a big catch to the possibility.
Apr 10, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
Detroit will be shorthanded because of injuries on Sunday, but Chicago can relate with some of their banged up players. This post gives an update on Dave Bolland, Troy Brouwer, Tomas Kopecky and Patrick Sharp.
Apr 5, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
After watching captain Vincent Lecavalier narrowly escape a serious eye injury, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman will ask all of his players to wear visors next season.
Apr 2, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Hobey Baker finalist and the nation’s top scorer Andy Miele has settled on a peculiar choice for where to sign. He’s headed to the desert to play for the Phoenix Coyotes.
Mar 30, 2011, 5:59 PM EDT
The 2011 Hobey Baker Award for college hockey’s best player is down to the Hobey Hat Trick. Who are the three players vying for college hockey’s top prize? We’ve got the information you’re seeking.
Mar 27, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
Cam Atkinson has won a National Championship at Boston College and now he’ll try to help bring respectability to Columbus.
Mar 22, 2011, 8:10 PM EDT
The Blues were able to part with a player of Erik Johnson’s potential and stature because of the way they felt about Alex Pietrangelo.
Mar 21, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Vancouver will have to try and win the Stanley Cup without Manny Malhotra the rest of the way as he’s done for the remainder of the season and playoffs thanks to an eye injury.
Mar 16, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
The Rangers locked up two pieces to their future signing 2010 first round pick Dylan McIlrath and 2009 first round pick Ryan Bourque to entry-level contracts.
Feb 27, 2011, 1:46 AM EDT
The Bruins sent notice that they’re going to be serious Cup contenders by beating the NHL’s best team, Vancouver, in their house 3-1.
Feb 20, 2011, 3:54 AM EDT
Patrick Kane and James van Riemsdyk went 1st and 2nd overall in 2007. Even though they’ve both traveled completely different career paths, they both look to be on their way towards filling their potential.
Feb 9, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs did defenseman Francois Beauchemin a solid by trading him to his old stomping grounds in Anaheim in exchange for Joffrey Lupul, prospect defenseman Jake Gardiner, and a conditional draft pick in 2013.
Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Carolina’s Jeff Skinner is the newest all-star named to the team today. He’s also now the youngest all-star of all time.
Jan 16, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
Wondering when Senators goalie Pascal Leclaire will get back to action? So is coach Cory Clouston and it won’t be soon.
Jan 7, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
It’s been a busy, emotional week for Chicago Blackhawks defenseman/prospect Nick Leddy. Things were pretty low on Monday when Leddy and the United States world junior team absolutely fell on their faces against Canada in the tournament’s semifinal 4-1 loss. His spirits certainly must have been improved on Wednesday, though, as the U.S. gutted out…
Jan 6, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Perhaps this news shouldn’t be too surprising, but the Russian junior teams’ behavior was so raucous that they were kicked off their flight back home this morning.
Jan 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s not often that we award a five goal run the goal of the night award, but moments like Russia’s comeback in the gold medal game against Canada rarely surface either.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 2
- Here’s an (updated) list of available NHL coaching candidates 6
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 25
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 87
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (87)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months