Results matching “back to junior”
Aug 26, 2011, 12:58 AM EDT
After impressing scouts and fans alike at Team Canada’s World Junior camp, Devante Smith Pelly sets his eyes on making the Anaheim Ducks next season.
Aug 24, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
Coaches, general managers, and scouting staffs are learning that size doesn’t matter as much as it used to. As long as the player is skilled, smart, and determined, it doesn’t matter how big the player is on the ice.
Aug 21, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
We haven’t heard from Sabres owner Terry Pegula this summer but he’s finally spoken up and find out he’s the total opposite of what you’d think a big spending owner would be.
Aug 20, 2011, 11:27 AM EDT
After four years in the Swiss league, David Aebischer might get another shot at the NHL via a training camp tryout with the Winnipeg Jets. He faces long odds, but if nothing else, it could be an interesting story to follow in September.
Aug 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
We take a look at five European players who are poised to make the jump to the NHL in 2011; and a player who’s ready but won’t be in North America until 2012.
Aug 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Former Western Hockey League coach Graham James had his sexual assault trial pushed back until September because “he and his lawyer need more time to discuss his case.”
Aug 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets continue to negotiate with restricted free agent defenseman Zach Bogosian. The question: do they pay for potential or pay for actual productivity?
Aug 9, 2011, 8:28 PM EDT
Over the last month, we’ve seen Brent Burns, Devin Setoguchi, Dany Heatley, Martin Havlat, and (recently) James Sheppard move between Minnesota and San Jose. But when all is said and done, Charlie Coyle could be the most important player involved in the Minnesota Wild and San Jose Sharks offseason version of Trading Places. Yet as…
Aug 7, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is looking like a kid ready for the NHL right now at Team Canada’s WJC development camp in Edmonton.
Aug 5, 2011, 12:32 AM EDT
Team Canada’s World Junior training camp got a bit of a scare tonight as Lightning prospect Brett Connolly went down with an injury.
Jul 30, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
With Chris Osgood out of the NHL, “The Helmet” will probably be retired for good as well.
Jul 30, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Is the Winnipeg Jets new logo too militaristic? Tom Benjamin sure thinks so and it makes him uncomfortable.
Jul 28, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche took care of a big part of their future as they signed both of their first round picks, Gabriel Landeskog and Duncan Siemens, to entry-level deals. The New York Rangers did the same with their first round pick JT Miller.
Jul 25, 2011, 3:07 AM EDT
After trading their captain in the middle of last season, who will the St. Louis Blues turn to for leadership this season?
Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM EDT
While some teams are looking to bring down their payroll, four teams still have some money left to spend to get to the salary floor.
Jul 19, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
The Devils summer-long search for a head coach brought them a guy not long removed from his job with the Panthers in Peter DeBoer.
Jul 16, 2011, 4:50 PM EDT
Only three Predators draft picks made the jump to the NHL before playing in the AHL, but some wonder if stud defenseman Ryan Ellis might be primed to pull that rare feat off.
Jul 15, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
After a contentious attempt to sign him last year, the Panthers signed 2010 first round pick Erik Gudbranson to his three-year entry-level deal. The Panthers eventual youth movement begins now.
Jul 8, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
From the “better late than never” file, the Nashville may see Alexander Radulov back in a Predators jersey as soon as the 2012-13 season. Wouldn’t it be nice if they had him as a back-up plan for Sergei Kostitsyn?
Jul 6, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
Former Predators #1 pick Ryan Ellis might be among the new faces on the Nashville blue line next season.
Jun 29, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
NHL legendary scorer Paul Kariya announced his retirement from the NHL today and took aim at illegal head shots as the reason why his career ended prematurely.
Jun 26, 2011, 8:23 PM EDT
Brayden Schenn, Sean Couturier, and Jakub Voracek are all excited for their opportunities with their new team.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:02 PM EDT
The PHT crew follows the 2011 NHL Draft and gives immediate analysis for each first round pick.
Jun 24, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Tonight’s first round of the 2011 NHL Draft will provide plenty of drama as to who gets picked where, but there’s more to watch for as well.
Jun 23, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
The Senators added Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds to their coaching staff as assistants to Paul MacLean.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 13
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 84
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 8
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 52
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional