Results matching “back to junior”
Oct 24, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
Brothers Luke and Brayden Schenn will face off as NHL regular-season opponents for the first time tonight.
Oct 17, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Is it weird that Legwand is on pace for 164 points? Or that Nugent-Hopkins is projected to score 109 goals? Or is it just me?
Oct 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Most people felt that the Ottawa Senators were going to struggle this season. But after only a single week, their showing some strong signs of being #1 by year’s end… at the NHL Entry Draft.
Oct 8, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Members from the Kings and the Ducks knew what to expect by starting the season in Europe because they started the 2007-08 season in London. What lessons did they learn and what are they doing differently? A few different players share the positives and negatives of starting the season across the pond.
Oct 5, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
In what is becoming a disturbing trend, yet another former NHL player’s brain has shown signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy. But this one is different: this time it wasn’t a fighter.
Oct 5, 2011, 3:06 PM EDT
Last year, Justin Faulk was helping Minnesota-Duluth win a national championship. This year, Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford says he’s a top-four defenseman.
Oct 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Brandon Saad’s impressive camp in Chicago leads to signing a pro deal and starting the season on a line with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp.
Oct 3, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Newcomers Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski had Blue Jackets fans hoping for a playoff spot this season. But without a better effort from Steve Mason in net, none of the offseason moves will make a difference.
Oct 3, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby starts the year on injured reserve for the Penguins, but it’s not long-term injured reserve. Fire up the speculation machine!
Oct 2, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Sure the Ottawa Senators are starting the year with a youth movement, but they’re not the only ones as Columbus is doing the same.
Sep 30, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
2010-2011 record: 30-44-8, 68 points; 4th in Northwest, 14th in West Playoffs: Did not qualify After making the playoffs two seasons ago, everything went wrong for the Avalanche last season. With injuries and poor goaltending being the main culprits, the Avs hope good health shines through and that offseason moves will help move them out…
Sep 29, 2011, 10:41 PM EDT
Planes, trains, and automobiles would have been a step up for the Devils during their short trip to Philadelphia. How about buses and walking shoes?
Sep 23, 2011, 7:43 PM EDT
The Panthers brought in a gang of young forwards to help improve the team this season. But if the team in South Beach wants to improve over the next few seasons, the veteran leadership of Ed Jovanovkski with the young cats on defense might be just as important.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
While this is by no means a comprehensive look at the issue, here is a recent history (and some interesting articles) revolving around racism in the NHL.
Sep 21, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year’s Hobey Baker winner Andy Miele looks to earn a roster spot in Phoenix this year. For a man with this much heart and skill, it’s going to to be tough for Don Maloney and the rest of the Coyotes’ management to deny him the opportunity.
Sep 15, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes prospect Brett Hextall has a name you may recognize. If you saw him on the ice, you’d see it’s more than just a name that he shares with his well-known father.
Sep 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Ryan Johansen has been making an impression with Columbus management and may earn a spot with the big club this season. Since the team picked up Jeff Carter during the offseason, he won’t be saddled with the pressure of a top-6 role.
Sep 13, 2011, 7:38 PM EDT
Jeff Skinner accomplished more than most rookies last season. An all-star appearance, 31 goals, 63 points, and a Calder Trophy. Next on the “to-do” list: a playoff berth.
Sep 12, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins didn’t light up the scoreboard against Canucks prospects last night, but his playmaking skills and vision left a good impression on Oilers brass.
Sep 8, 2011, 12:39 AM EDT
Cory Stillman won two Stanley Cups in his career and after 16 seasons in the league, he’s calling it quits to join the Florida Panthers in an off-ice role.
Sep 7, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
After an unbelievably horrible year, hockey fans and players will grow stronger after so much tragedy and use the game to help start the healing process.
Sep 3, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
Tyler Ennis says that even in spite of his size, Oilers #1 pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins can be a star. Ennis would know, he’s just 5’9″ himself.
Aug 29, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
Even after trading Jeff Carter and Mike Richards, the Flyers have a lot of centers to work with going into training camp.
Aug 26, 2011, 12:58 AM EDT
After impressing scouts and fans alike at Team Canada’s World Junior camp, Devante Smith Pelly sets his eyes on making the Anaheim Ducks next season.
Aug 24, 2011, 11:43 PM EDT
Coaches, general managers, and scouting staffs are learning that size doesn’t matter as much as it used to. As long as the player is skilled, smart, and determined, it doesn’t matter how big the player is on the ice.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 24
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 33
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 24
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 25
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2