Results matching “back to junior”
Jun 24, 2011, 9:40 PM EST
The 2011 first overall pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has some big expectations but he’s got a set of similar teammates to help make the future really bright in Edmonton.
Mar 26, 2011, 6:43 PM EST
The Kings playoff chances may have taken a brutal hit as Anze Kopitar left today’s game with an ugly lower body injury.
Nov 11, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
Is Brayden Schenn going to stick with the Kings this year or is he destined for another trip to junior hockey?
Oct 9, 2010, 2:40 AM EST
Sometimes the perils of dropping the gloves can have unforeseen circumstances. In the case of Ducks defenseman Andy Sutton, taking swings at Red Wings defenseman Ruslan Salei can bring about problems. Like a broken thumb. Not only did the Ducks begin the season with a one-sided loss to the Detroit Red Wings on Friday night,…
Oct 2, 2010, 11:00 PM EST
Florida Panthers 2010 first round pick Erik Gudbranson is getting his wish. At the very least, he’s getting his chance to prove to the Panthers that he can stick in the NHL. The Florida Sun Sentinel’s Harvey Fialkov gives us the scoop on the news that Gudbranson will sign an entry level contract with the…
Oct 1, 2010, 7:30 PM EST
When it comes to high-profile draft picks such as Taylor Hall, deciding whether or not to send him to the minors is more complex than choosing between development and preserving entry-level contract years vs. immediate team needs. When it comes to someone like the Florida Panthers’ No. 3 pick Erik Gudbranson, it might be a…
Sep 22, 2010, 8:19 PM EST
New York Islanders 2010 third round pick Kirill Kabanov is having a training camp to forget. On the first day of rookie camp, Kabanov over-slept and was held off the ice from workouts. Now with the rest of the NHL vets in place and working out, Kabanov has done it again and over-slept causing him…
Sep 12, 2010, 7:58 PM EST
While all the attention during this rookie camp is going to be focused on the top two picks from the 2010 NHL Draft in Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin, the #3 pick Erik Gudbranson is going to be another player worth keeping an eye on. The Florida Sun Sentinel’s Harvey Fialkov caught up with Gudbranson…
Aug 20, 2010, 6:27 PM EST
Even though Dale Tallon wasn’t there to enjoy it, last season’s Blackhawks championship had his finger prints all over it. He was the guy who signed or drafted a great number of the players that helped the Blackhawks end their 49-year Stanley Cup drought and now he finds himself in Florida as GM of the…
Feb 26, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
The two teams meet again, just 48 hours after the incident.
Feb 14, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
He has seven goals and an assist in four games.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:52 PM EST
Gallant scratched him on Friday after he felt Bergenheim gave him less than 100%.
Feb 13, 2015, 8:45 AM EST
“He can do things that other guys just can’t do.”
Feb 10, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
Red Wings rank first overall with the man advantage, converting at 25.5 percent.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:31 PM EST
Interesting stuff from the Vancouver GM.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:47 PM EST
Detroit is forcing itself into the Stanley Cup conversation.
Jan 27, 2015, 5:06 PM EST
“There’s a potential even to bring him to Arizona for at least a cup of coffee at the end of the year.”
Jan 26, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Teams have till noon eastern time Tuesday to place a claim on the forward.
Jan 24, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
The 21-year-old is learning what it takes to be an NHL regular.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:45 AM EST
He made his AHL debut on Friday.
Jan 13, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
He has four goals in his last two games.
Jan 6, 2015, 11:01 AM EST
For tomorrow’s game in Washington, it’ll be Peter Horachek (pictured) and Steve Spott. But beyond then…
Jan 5, 2015, 2:23 PM EST
Ilya Sorokin or Igor Shesterkin?
Jan 4, 2015, 11:45 PM EST
The top prospect admits he feared he may miss the world juniors.
Jan 2, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
He might need more seasoning in the AHL, though.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)