Results matching “Phil Kessel”
Oct 17, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
You’ve come a long way from being the last pick at the 2011 NHL All-Star draft, baby.
Oct 8, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
For two periods and change, it seemed like Dion Phaneuf’s brutal hit on Stephane Da Costa would tell the story of the Leafs’ win against the Senators. Ottawa made it interesting, though, which made Phil Kessel’s four-point game crucial.
Jun 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Maple Leafs can finally close the book on the Phil Kessel trade. All that’s left is watching the Bruins blue chip prospects develop into productive NHLers.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
After a huge week, Toronto’s Phil Kessel takes home top honors as the NHL’s first star of the week.
Feb 28, 2011, 2:14 AM EDT
Phil Kessel produced an excellent individual effort for the February 27th Goal of the Night.
Feb 7, 2011, 12:12 AM EDT
We know that times in Toronto have been tough this season, but Leafs All-Star forward Phil Kessel is sounding off on coach Ron Wilson. Uh oh…
Feb 2, 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
Phil Kessel had a hard enough time at the All-Star Game scoring. Scott Clemmensen made sure to keep the frustration moving along with his tremendous save in overtime.
Jan 30, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Even All-Stars have embarrassing moments, as you can see from Tim Thomas, Phil Kessel and Alex Ovechkin this weekend.
Apr 3, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
The Phil Kessel trade to the Maple Leafs from Boston has been a heated topic of debate for both teams all season long. You’ve got Bruins fans insisting they didn’t need Kessel to win games ranging to Leafs fans saying they don’t care about the first round pick the team gave up to get him.…
Mar 12, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
We have a tie for goal of the night. First, Phil Kessel scores on a 2-on-1 to give the Toronto Maple Leafs an overtime win at home. Then, Brian Pothier buries a big goal in overtime to give the Carolina Hurricanes another improbable victory, this time over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jan 6, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
“He comes and goes, and he gets emotional, and he lets that affect his game and his relationship with other players.”
Jul 2, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The 27-year-old is looking forward to a fresh start in Pittsburgh.
Jul 1, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
“We are here to build a team that is capable of winning a Stanley Cup. There are no shortcuts to go around doing that.”
Jul 1, 2015, 1:08 PM EDT
End of an era in Toronto. A premier goal-scoring winger heads to Pittsburgh.
Jun 25, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Still no concrete offer for the 27-year-old winger.
Jun 21, 2015, 2:32 PM EDT
A more direct way of “eating salary.”
Jun 19, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Signed through 2021-22 for a cap hit of $8 million.
Jun 15, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
Remember, he’s never expressed a desire to leave Toronto.
Jun 7, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
The 27-year-old has seven years remaining on his eight-year, $64 million contract.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 23, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Leafs’ winger is mired in a horrendous slump.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT
Coach says it’s lacking; player says it’s not. Good times in Toronto!
Mar 17, 2015, 12:54 AM EDT
Oh yeah, Jonathan Bernier was pulled after one period, too.
Mar 6, 2015, 8:22 PM EDT
More reaction to what transpired earlier this week.
Mar 4, 2015, 9:21 AM EDT
The captain is still proud to be a Maple Leaf.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)