Results matching “Phil Kessel”
Oct 8, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
For two periods and change, it seemed like Dion Phaneuf’s brutal hit on Stephane Da Costa would tell the story of the Leafs’ win against the Senators. Ottawa made it interesting, though, which made Phil Kessel’s four-point game crucial.
Jun 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Maple Leafs can finally close the book on the Phil Kessel trade. All that’s left is watching the Bruins blue chip prospects develop into productive NHLers.
Feb 28, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
After a huge week, Toronto’s Phil Kessel takes home top honors as the NHL’s first star of the week.
Feb 28, 2011, 2:14 AM EST
Phil Kessel produced an excellent individual effort for the February 27th Goal of the Night.
Feb 7, 2011, 12:12 AM EST
We know that times in Toronto have been tough this season, but Leafs All-Star forward Phil Kessel is sounding off on coach Ron Wilson. Uh oh…
Feb 2, 2011, 9:27 AM EST
Phil Kessel had a hard enough time at the All-Star Game scoring. Scott Clemmensen made sure to keep the frustration moving along with his tremendous save in overtime.
Jan 30, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Even All-Stars have embarrassing moments, as you can see from Tim Thomas, Phil Kessel and Alex Ovechkin this weekend.
Apr 3, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
The Phil Kessel trade to the Maple Leafs from Boston has been a heated topic of debate for both teams all season long. You’ve got Bruins fans insisting they didn’t need Kessel to win games ranging to Leafs fans saying they don’t care about the first round pick the team gave up to get him.…
Mar 12, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
We have a tie for goal of the night. First, Phil Kessel scores on a 2-on-1 to give the Toronto Maple Leafs an overtime win at home. Then, Brian Pothier buries a big goal in overtime to give the Carolina Hurricanes another improbable victory, this time over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jan 6, 2015, 1:11 PM EST
“He comes and goes, and he gets emotional, and he lets that affect his game and his relationship with other players.”
Feb 18, 2015, 10:43 AM EST
He would fill Florida’s self-identified biggest need though.
Feb 12, 2015, 10:05 PM EST
“I go where they want me.”
Feb 12, 2015, 11:52 AM EST
If the Leafs are smart, yes.
Jan 23, 2015, 9:22 PM EST
Jan 23, 2015, 8:54 PM EST
A story of triumph.
Jan 16, 2015, 11:02 AM EST
They’ve only won three times since Dec. 18.
Jan 6, 2015, 2:02 PM EST
Busy day in Toronto.
Dec 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Achieved career point No. 500.
Dec 7, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
He said his health has “been better.”
Nov 17, 2014, 1:51 PM EST
Pictured: Kessel actually smiling while talking to reporters.
Nov 12, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Scores fourth career goal against the Bruins.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
Oct 14, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
The Leafs also looked good from a Corsi perspective.
Oct 12, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
It was a rough night for the New York Rangers.
Sep 26, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Phil may not be the only one affiliated with the Leafs.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)