Results matching “HBO”
Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 AM EST
Rumor has it that Brad Richards will only accept a trade to one team: the New York Rangers. Click “Read More” for the details.
Feb 25, 2011, 10:29 PM EST
Here are summaries of Friday’s early games, including another Rangers laugher against the Capitals, a big win for the Hurricanes and a tough night for the resurgent Devils.
Feb 23, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
After playing his tail off in each game this season for the Capitals, Matt Hendricks has earned himself a nice extension with the team.
Feb 21, 2011, 10:40 PM EST
Michal Neuvirth and the Capitals shut out the Penguins for the second straight time, winning this game 1-0.
Feb 17, 2011, 11:12 PM EST
With the Calgary Flames making a push for the playoffs, is Curtis Glencross more valuable as a tradeable asset?
Feb 16, 2011, 2:54 PM EST
With eight games ahead, the Sabres and Leafs meet to keep their good times rolling while the Caps hit the west coast to face the Ducks to highlight the evening ahead.
Feb 9, 2011, 12:57 PM EST
Anton Volchenkov will sit down for three games thanks to his targeted elbow to the head of Zach Boychuk.
Feb 5, 2011, 11:18 PM EST
If the playoffs started tonight, the Penguins would host the Capitals in a first round series. Here is a detailed discussion of such a tantalizing scenario.
Feb 4, 2011, 5:10 PM EST
Here are previews of tonight’s six games, including a Southeast showdown between the Lightning and Capitals and the next chapter in the Canucks-Blackhawks feud.
Jan 30, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild’s rookie dinner had two unexpected (and entertaining) guests: former NBA star Charles Barkely and former NFL defensive end Michael Strahan.
Jan 24, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games.
Jan 13, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
A suspected commonplace locker room side bet is getting the Maple Leafs in trouble with the NHL’s fun police.
Jan 6, 2011, 5:12 PM EST
HBO’s final episode of 24/7 leaves us wanting more but thankful that we were brought along for the ride in the first place.
Jan 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Here are recaps of the six games played indoors on Saturday night.
Jan 2, 2011, 12:42 AM EST
Check out NBC’s Sounds of the Game for the 2011 Winter Classic, featuring Alex Ovechkin pumping up his Capitals teammates.
Semyon Varlamov will start in Winter Classic; does that mean Varly holds the upper hand in Caps’ net?
Jan 1, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
Should we read anything “bigger” into the Capitals’ choice to start Semyon Varlamov instead of Michal Neuvirth for the Winter Classic? Maybe.
Jan 1, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
With these two rivals squaring off and with them both near the top of the Eastern Conference, who needs a win more? We break it down.
Dec 31, 2010, 1:24 PM EST
Let’s take at look of the most interesting numbers going into the 2011 Winter Classic.
Dec 31, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
What are we looking out for in the Winter Classic tomorrow? We’ve got five things that make a lot of sense.
Dec 31, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
While it’s easier to depict Crosby vs. Ovechkin as a wild man vs. a choir boy (or even good vs. evil), the truth is that both players are more complex than most expect.
Dec 30, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Episode 3 of HBO’s 24/7 gives us a closer look at how the Pens and Caps face off with each other as well as helping to make Caps head coach Bruce Boudreau an instant fan favorite.
Dec 26, 2010, 2:34 PM EST
It might not be much more than dreaming big, but after returning to practice today, Jordan Staal isn’t ruling out the possibility that he might be able to play in the Winter Classic on Saturday.
Dec 24, 2010, 9:00 AM EST
Jarome Iginla and Jamie Benn engaged in the kind of fight normally reserved for burly enforcers rather than players paid to score goals last night. Watch the video by clicking “Read More.”
Dec 24, 2010, 7:00 AM EST
Most hockey fans think the Winter Classic can’t get here soon enough. But for Dan Craig – the man building the custom rink on Heinz Field – it’s a stressful fight against the clock. Click “Read More” to find out about the process.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)