Results matching “Bruins”
Jan 15, 2011, 10:05 PM EDT
Zdeno Chara’s accidentally caught his own teammate with a high stick this afternoon, breaking Steven Kampfer’s nose.
Jan 15, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Penguins get clutch performances from Jordan Staal and Marc-Andre Fleury to hold off the Bruins in Boston.
Jan 15, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
With just one matinee start this afternoon, here’s your starting goalies for Pittsburgh and Boston.
Jan 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The league gets an early start with a premiere matinee game followed by a night full of intriguing match ups. Here’s your daily preview of what’s going on around the NHL.
Jan 14, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Which divisions are the best and worst in the NHL? We examine that question in this post.
Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell scored from a spot that forwards rarely score from during January 13th’s goal of the night.
Jan 13, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
Here are summaries of Thursday’s first six games, including losses by the top team in the Eastern and Western Conferences.
Jan 13, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT
Eight games are on the way tonight and for Bruins fans, they get to relive the nightmare of last year’s playoff choke job all over again as Philadelphia comes to town.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
According to a Globe & Mail writer’s numbers, Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik is the NHL’s best defensive defenseman so far this season.
Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Two hat tricks took place last night: one of the official variety (Patrice Bergeron) and another one of the unofficial Gordie Howe variety (Scott Hartnell). View footage of both by clicking “Read More.”
Jan 12, 2011, 1:53 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Tuesday night’s 10 games, including Daniel Briere’s four-point reaction to being snubbed for the All-Star game.
Jan 11, 2011, 6:49 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s first seven games.
Jan 11, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Ready for a busy night ahead? With ten games tonight, you’d better be prepared especially when the… scorching hot Maple Leafs are involved. Is that right?
Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Mark Recchi might be the oldest player in the NHL, but he’s still finding ways to haunt teams he used to play for back in the day. Just ask the Penguins who saw him score the game-winner against them in the third period.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
All seemed to be going well with the Penguins leading Boston 2-0 late in the third period. A couple bad penalties and defensive plays later and the Pens end up losing by two.
Jan 10, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s four games.
Jan 10, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
Let’s take a look at tonight’s four games, including another match in the Red Wings-Avalanche rivalry and a tough one between Pittsburgh and Boston.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
The Senators can’t buy any luck this season, much like Alex Kovalev, who is expected to miss a week or more with a knee injury.
Jan 9, 2011, 2:32 AM EDT
The Red Wings get a gut check win in Vancouver. That and more you can see when you hop on the Zamboni tonight.
Jan 8, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
Matt Hunwick was seen to be the puck moving defenseman the Avalanche were missing out on. As it turns out, Avs fans are hoping he can lock down a spot on the bench.
Jan 8, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Expect some surprises in the first set of two mid-season trophy awards posts from the PHT staff.
Jan 8, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
There are a lot of different games tonight; here are the probable starters for the 7:00 pm ET contests.
Jan 8, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
December 8th is a sad day for pun lovers in the NHL, as Miroslav Satan signed with Dynamo Moscow of the KHL according to reports.
Jan 8, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Here are previews of tonight’s 11 games, highlighted by an alpha dog showdown between Western powerhouses Detroit and Vancouver.
Jan 7, 2011, 10:25 AM EDT
Haven’t heard or seen much about Tuukka Rask lately? Don’t worry, his save on Martin Havlat will leave you talking for the rest of the day.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)