Results matching “Bruins”
Jan 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
The league gets an early start with a premiere matinee game followed by a night full of intriguing match ups. Here’s your daily preview of what’s going on around the NHL.
Jan 14, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
Which divisions are the best and worst in the NHL? We examine that question in this post.
Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Scott Hartnell scored from a spot that forwards rarely score from during January 13th’s goal of the night.
Jan 13, 2011, 11:53 PM EST
Here are summaries of Thursday’s first six games, including losses by the top team in the Eastern and Western Conferences.
Jan 13, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
Eight games are on the way tonight and for Bruins fans, they get to relive the nightmare of last year’s playoff choke job all over again as Philadelphia comes to town.
Jan 12, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
According to a Globe & Mail writer’s numbers, Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik is the NHL’s best defensive defenseman so far this season.
Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Two hat tricks took place last night: one of the official variety (Patrice Bergeron) and another one of the unofficial Gordie Howe variety (Scott Hartnell). View footage of both by clicking “Read More.”
Jan 12, 2011, 1:53 AM EST
Here are summaries of Tuesday night’s 10 games, including Daniel Briere’s four-point reaction to being snubbed for the All-Star game.
Jan 11, 2011, 6:49 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s first seven games.
Jan 11, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
Ready for a busy night ahead? With ten games tonight, you’d better be prepared especially when the… scorching hot Maple Leafs are involved. Is that right?
Jan 11, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Mark Recchi might be the oldest player in the NHL, but he’s still finding ways to haunt teams he used to play for back in the day. Just ask the Penguins who saw him score the game-winner against them in the third period.
Jan 10, 2011, 10:56 PM EST
All seemed to be going well with the Penguins leading Boston 2-0 late in the third period. A couple bad penalties and defensive plays later and the Pens end up losing by two.
Jan 10, 2011, 6:10 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s four games.
Jan 10, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
Let’s take a look at tonight’s four games, including another match in the Red Wings-Avalanche rivalry and a tough one between Pittsburgh and Boston.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:03 PM EST
The Senators can’t buy any luck this season, much like Alex Kovalev, who is expected to miss a week or more with a knee injury.
Jan 9, 2011, 2:32 AM EST
The Red Wings get a gut check win in Vancouver. That and more you can see when you hop on the Zamboni tonight.
Jan 8, 2011, 9:13 PM EST
Matt Hunwick was seen to be the puck moving defenseman the Avalanche were missing out on. As it turns out, Avs fans are hoping he can lock down a spot on the bench.
Jan 8, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Expect some surprises in the first set of two mid-season trophy awards posts from the PHT staff.
Jan 8, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
There are a lot of different games tonight; here are the probable starters for the 7:00 pm ET contests.
Jan 8, 2011, 1:40 PM EST
December 8th is a sad day for pun lovers in the NHL, as Miroslav Satan signed with Dynamo Moscow of the KHL according to reports.
Jan 8, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
Here are previews of tonight’s 11 games, highlighted by an alpha dog showdown between Western powerhouses Detroit and Vancouver.
Jan 7, 2011, 10:25 AM EST
Haven’t heard or seen much about Tuukka Rask lately? Don’t worry, his save on Martin Havlat will leave you talking for the rest of the day.
Jan 7, 2011, 3:06 AM EST
What can we see from the Zamboni tonight? A couple shutouts, a near-collapse from the Leafs, and the continued struggles of the Kings. Hop on board.
Jan 6, 2011, 2:51 PM EST
Here are previews for tonight’s eight games.
Jan 4, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
NHL on NBC’s Mike Milbury answers five big questions this week including his thoughts on Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals from the Winter Classic.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 42
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)