Jan 5, 2011, 10:05 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have a lot to thank Tyler Ennis for in the Avs victory. Sadly, for the Buffalo Sabres, Ennis plays for them.
Jan 5, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Remember Kris Draper? Sure you do and now the Edmonton Oilers do as well after the cagey veteran deked them out of their shorts.
Jan 5, 2011, 2:32 AM EDT
Hop on the Zamboni to see Rollie the goalie shine, the Devils ride the failboat, and Todd Bertuzzi power through Edmonton.
Jan 5, 2011, 12:36 AM EDT
Dwayne Roloson is an impact player? So far, so good as he gets a shutout in his first start with the Lightning.
Jan 4, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
Clayton Stoner’s first career NHL goal isn’t exactly highlight reel stuff, but considering the Wild’s opponent tonight, it’s not really a huge surprise that it happened that way.
NHL will not discipline David Steckel for his Winter Classic hit on Sidney Crosby; Crosby not amused
Jan 4, 2011, 9:22 PM EDT
Washington’s David Steckel won’t be punished for his iffy hit on Sidney Crosby and Sid doesn’t seem too pleased with that.
Jan 4, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
NHL on NBC’s Mike Milbury answers five big questions this week including his thoughts on Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals from the Winter Classic.
Jan 4, 2011, 6:23 PM EDT
Chris Osgood’s series of saves earned him his 400th win and the December 27-January 2nd save of the week.
Jan 4, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
Here are the probable starters for tonight’s five games, including the Tampa Bay Lightning debut of Dwayne Roloson.
Jan 4, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
A couple months ago, rumors surfaced that the Tampa Bay Lightning were interested in adding offensive defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron. It sounds like those rumors were justified.
Jan 4, 2011, 4:08 PM EDT
PHT readers voted in favor of Jay Beagle for the December 27-January 2nd goal of the week.
Jan 4, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
The NHL named its three stars of December: Sidney Crosby, Roberto Luongo and Nicklas Lidstrom.
Jan 4, 2011, 2:51 PM EDT
All of the talk centered around dealing with Sami Salo’s cap hit, but what if he just decides to retire?
Jan 4, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Many expected the Islanders to make a claim for Michael Leighton. Instead, the big goalie will report to the Flyers’ AHL affiliate this week because he cleared waivers today.
Jan 4, 2011, 1:28 PM EDT
Here are previews of tonight’s five games, including a big game between the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning for the Southeast Division lead.
Jan 4, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Week after week, we followed the fan voting for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. In case you haven’t been keeping up, fans were able to pick their equivalent to a First NHL All-Star team with three forwards, two defensemen and one goalie. The league just announced the roster, which is comprised solely of Pittsburgh Penguins…
Jan 4, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Chris Higgins had a breakaway chance, but Cam Ward denied him with a nice glove save to earn January 3rd’s save of the night.
Jan 4, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
While the full Canada-U.S. game was a severe mismatch and letdown, it produced some great moments. Quinton Howden’s game winning goal also earned him the December 3rd goal of the night.
Jan 4, 2011, 2:31 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Monday’s games, including two teams winning in cities that haven’t been very friendly to them over the ears.
Jan 4, 2011, 12:34 AM EDT
A great game between the Kings and Blackhawks ended with two strange goals, including a game winner by Jonathan Toews in his return from a brief injury hiatus.
More Top Posts
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control