Colorado’s Ryan O’Reilly taken off on stretcher after going head first into boards against Minnesota
Jan 14, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Scary injury tonight as Avalanche forward Ryan O’Reilly was taken off the ice on a stretcher after going head first into the boards.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
Remember how injuries were starting to creep up on the Red Wings? They might have a major one to deal with tonight as starting goalie Jimmy Howard leaves the game early.
Jan 14, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
It’s been more than a week since Sidney Crosby’s sat down with a concussion and he’ll miss his fifth straight game on Saturday.
Jan 14, 2011, 7:06 PM EDT
Maple Leafs forward Mike Brown is getting a league mandated vacation after catching Ed Jovanovski with a clear violation of Rule 48.
Jan 14, 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games, including a rare start for Wild goalie Anton Khudobin. (Updated with Philadelphia vs. Atlanta.
Jan 14, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Lightning coach Guy Boucher explains that Steven Stamkos’ scoring slump can be attributed to a “some parts of the body injury.” Thanks for the in-depth details, coach.
Jan 14, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT
Original reports indicated that Detroit Red Wings defenseman Brad Stuart would not need surgery for a broken jaw he suffered from a check by Calgary Flames forward Tom Kostopoulos, but various sources indicate that he opted for surgery after all. On the bright side, his window of recovery hasn’t changed; he’s still expected to miss…
Jan 14, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
The NHL decided to suspend Predators defenseman Shane O’Brien two games for high-sticking Panthers center Stephen Weiss.
Jan 14, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Which divisions are the best and worst in the NHL? We examine that question in this post.
Jan 14, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
Chris Pronger’s first practice since breaking his foot seemed positive, but there’s no timetable for his return.
Jan 14, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have quickly morphed from a finesse team to a fight-happy bunch under coach Dan Bylsma. So is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Jan 14, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
This post features a stats-based look at the Kings’ meltdown seven games into their eight game homestand a look ahead to a February that might bury their playoff hopes.
Jan 14, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Here are previews for tonight’s six games, including an intriguing game between red-hot Vancouver and struggling (but dangerous) Washington.
Jan 14, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Brown clobbered Ed Jovanovski with a blindside hit last night that has the hockey world debating whether or not he should be suspended. So what’s your take: does he deserve a fine and suspension, just a fine or no discipline at all? Read the post and vote in the poll to share your thoughts.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
While winning 7-5 isn’t how Tim Thomas prefers to get things done, he made some key saves last night. The best-looking one took place when Thomas thwarted Claude Giroux on a breakaway. Check out the video of that save in this post.
Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell scored from a spot that forwards rarely score from during January 13th’s goal of the night.
Jan 14, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The two late games featured some upsets, with the Oilers beating the Sharks and the beaten-up Blues downing the Kings.
Jan 13, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
Here are summaries of Thursday’s first six games, including losses by the top team in the Eastern and Western Conferences.
Jan 13, 2011, 10:42 PM EDT
Wojtek Wolski’s first goal as a member of the Rangers was the game’s only tally, as New York shut Vancouver out 1-0 tonight.
Jan 13, 2011, 10:16 PM EDT
Eric Brewer will tough out some injuries to help the Blues avoid dressing only five defensemen, but there’s no getting around the fact that St. Louis is banged up on the blueline.
More Top Posts
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 19
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 96
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games